HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)   Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Buying a new Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)

Will be used for photos of products posted here and there...plus everything else. Shooting movies will be minimal... macro and direct posting of photos via WiFi a must...plus vacation, family, scenery, etc.

Current possible body selections include:

Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless 24.3MP APS-C Exmor HD sensor
Sony a5100 mirrorless (same sensor system)
Fujifilm X-A216MP (APS-C) CMOS Sensor w/ EXR Processor II
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless 16 MP with Four Thirds CMOS sensor

Any direct experience with any of these anyone?

Last edited by Blackhorse on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)   Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Of those body styles I am not familiar, though I know Olympus uses great glass......

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)   Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Glass is critical, true. They all make good glass, depending on cost.

Aside from that it's all about sensor size and processor. The APS-C is larger than the Four Thirds....but both sizes are large enough for what I want to do. Ultimately it will likely boil down to cost. All four are exceptionally fine cameras.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)   Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 am

Got it! Thanks to having birthday, anniversary and Christmas all inside a couple of months and squealing for Amazon gift cards from family, etc. I accumulated enough to make the big buy. I am the new owner (currently en route) of a Sony a6000 Mirrorless digital camera...silver body and lens. Given what this camera will do, the quality in the build, etc. the over Christmas price of $550 for the body, kit zoom lens, two extra rechargeable batteries and charger, case plus a 32 GB memory card is one of the great bargains out there.

One of my favorite cameras ever...an Olympus half frame I carried around Viet Nam for a year (got 72 shots on a 36 count roll of Kodachrome) is similar in size and concept...but this one does SO much more. Really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)   Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 am

That is definitely a sweet camera you got.!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buying a New Digital Camera - (hopefully soon)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1