HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Vanilla

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:13 am

Has anyone tried GH vanilla flake? It's a really great tobacco with a heavy vanilla topping that comes thru in the taste. What's the best vanilla tobacco I should try? MB vanilla cream looks like it gets some positive reviews and others say it has no taste at all. What's the real deal? American Delight is ok but it's nowhere close as good to GH vanilla flake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 am

Dan's Milonga, maybe? I don't care for it, but it gets recommended by a lot of pipesters. MacB's VC seemed bland to me; American Delight I thought was pretty good, though I probably won't buy more. I sometimes smoke aromatics just to make myself crave the real stuff more. [joke, har! har!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 am

McClelland CORPS Vanilla Ice

See if this link to an obvious search link works:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/search?Flavors=Vanilla&Rating=Highly+Recommended

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Ice, Ice Baby...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:43 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Ice, Ice Baby...

He's certainly done a 180 from a rap singer to flipping homes on TV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:25 pm

I've got some MacBaren Vanilla Cream that I bought this past summer to use around the more sensitive types ;-)

I find the vanilla is more in the smoke/room note than the tobacco flavour. I like this, as I prefer to taste the baccy as well as the toppings, but I also find the scent of the vanilla smoke sticks in your hair, clothes, etc for quite a while afterwards. I take this as a negative - I sleep with a CPAP machine, and after a late-night smoke last summer around the campfire, the vanilla stuck in my beard/moustache was all I could smell all night. Shocked I took to washing up well after smoking the MB Vanilla Cream....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:36 pm

For what it's worth, my wife absolutely hated how I smelled after smoking Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake. She insisted that I take a shower before coming to bed, usually she's pretty forgiving. As far a flavor's concerned, I can't say that I'd rate this one too highly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla   Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I guess i'll continue to pass on Mac Baren, something about them I don't like, and I've never tried any of their tobacco. What's everyone's opinion on Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew? If you live in the UK I highly suggest ordering the GQ exclusive GH Brown Flake Vanilla. It has amazing tobacco ala brown flake and the vanilla topping works so good with the Flake. I would be pretty confident saying it's the best vanilla blend out there. The tin note is incredible and it translates well into the taste
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vanilla
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1