Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Empty
PostSubject: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Sent some of my cured leaf off to an associate that focused on Virginias these last few years in trade for some of his stuff. Even trading, pound for pound. My 'Perique' will be ready by the 15th, and I thought, hey, why not twist up some rope?

Anybody ever try this?

Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:12 pm

All I hear are crickets.................

OK, well, I'll keep y'all posted........
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:28 am

Ozzy was looking into this myself to make a dark fired rope. Haven't gotten around to actually trying it though. Keep us posted on this one as I'm seriously intrigued.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:04 am

Oh, hey, guess what finally showed up???

That's right folks, a few pounds of Ginny leaf from a fellow grower. Finally ready to get to business, making enough rope to hang myself...

Versions as follows:

Strict VaPer twist
Citrus VaPer twist (some oriental added)
VaPerBur twist (some of my crop added)

Now, if the Queen would give me a couple of square feet of counter space and a bit of elbow room, I can play. The Ginnies are pretty dry and need a bit of rehydration before I start roughing them up.....
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 pm

Here are some pics. I can see that for what I want to do I will need a longer rattan screen, as the sushi roller is a bit short for my purposes.

OK, so no pics. The Host server is not responding today...

Schnitzel!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Img_2711

The Ginny

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Img_2712
My Burley

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Img_2713
My "Perique"

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Img_2714
Roll it and roll it and mark it with a 'B'

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Img_2715
Now to push the wax paper in the ends, wrap it in twine, and put it away. I think maybe I'll open it on my birthday............

Had some odds and ends left over, of course. Chopped it up, and jarred it, about an ounce MAYBE. Put some in a pipe and did a test. A little raw. The VA is bright and sweet, the Burley pretty nutty and mellow, the 'Perique' a bit piquant.

I should have eaten something first. Feel a little swimmy, and now I'm wondering if this might be too much for me. Time will tell I suppose.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Nice work. And excellent re-purposing of that bamboo sushi mat.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Looking good there Wiz. Looking forward to your reports once they have a bit of age on them.

Jim
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 3:17 pm

How industrious. Super cool.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Wiz,

I find it fascinating and very impressive that you grow and process your own 'baccy. What a great thing to be able to do. How do your 'baccys compare to the larger brand name's?

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Dunno how I missed this thread the first time around!

Very fascinating Ozzy. Very fascinating indeed! With your inclination in blending this should prove to be a fruitful move in a completely different direction.

And taking on the production of twists puts you in in another category altogether! You've more Chutzpah than many, mate!

I'll be all ears to learn how this works out. What a great experiment!!

rabbit

Cheers,

RR

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Purple11x 3Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Bombx10Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Bombx10  Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope D6bddf10 Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Cowboy13Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Stick wrote:
Wiz,

I find it fascinating and very impressive that you grow and process your own 'baccy.  What a great thing to be able to do.  How do your 'baccys compare to the larger brand name's?

In a word, Sir..............

Immature....

For the most part anyway. I have some 'hands' of various grows from each year stored, but I feel I lack the facilities to properly age leaf like the major players. Would that I could pull off what McClelland does. I get close, but still nothing like their 5100. I have some Virginias that I sequester, three pounds, that rotates from my first grow to present. I also have two pounds that are five years of age that I rotate. The older batches are getting the smoother sweet action going on, finally. Any of my burley and cigar leaf change naught. Though I do guard them against the future........
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:45 pm

Neat stuff Ozark! I missed this thread the first time around as well. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Nine more days to go........... bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Good on you to update this thread Ozzie. I'll be very interested to learn the outcome!

alien

Cheers,

RR

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Purple11x 3Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Bombx10Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Bombx10  Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope D6bddf10 Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope Cowboy13Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 4G80VIc

Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Good on you to update this thread Ozzie. I'll be very interested to learn the outcome!

alien

Cheers,

RR

With any luck it won't be a tube of compost!

It whispers to me in the night. "Only a week early, what difference will it make?"
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:42 am

Don't listen to those voices Ozzy! You'll be glad you waited.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 pm

2 months in the tube tomorrow........
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 pm

5 days remaing...........
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
5 days remaing...........

tic....tic...tic.....

tongue

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 pm

im getting ready to plant some ginny and some burley if I could get my hands on some of wizards perique I would be set I wanna make some ropes my self and btw good Idea with the sushi roller
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Well, as it seems tomorrow is my birthday, and it has been planned out..

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............................

I grabbed one of the experiments to try tonight and leave the other two for later in the week. The one I opened is the plain VaPer.
First off came the rope........
Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 04031611

Then the rolling mat.
Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 04031612

Finally the wax paper is removed.
Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 04031613

Sliced off a few coins. It's not as moist as I thought it would be. I might sauce the next one a bit.....
Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 04031614

Load up the horn and go blow. Back in a bit!
Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope 04031615
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:07 am

OK........

The first bowl reminds me immediately of Stokkebye's luxury twist flake, but with the Perique pepperiness...Gave me the same nicotine feel of McClelland's 2015.

I can live with this!
Back to top Go down
Comintern

Comintern

Registration date : 2016-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:06 am

Nice, glad to hear it turned out well!
Back to top Go down
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope   Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:50 am

Looks yummy Wiz.
It might remind you of other tobaccos but they don't have the advantage of being 'Ozark Wizard's ......' Smile
Have you got a name yet?
'Ozark Wizard's Luxury Tortured Flake' ?

Now we just need JimInks review Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Waiting to twist up a VaPer rope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: