HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:00 am

When I bought some Balkan Sobranie tins there, I enrolled on their membership program so I could benefit their "great" "discounts" as a member.
I did not renew after the 12 month period. I never bought again from them and it had been at least two years since I purchased those Balkan Sobranie tins.
The next year (last year), I have been billed on my CC, for a renewal on their membership program, even though I did not renew. I contacted them and asked them for a refund and that I was not interested in said membership.
Last week, I was billed, again, for that membership I do not want. I had to contact them again...
This is un-ac-cep-ta-ble practice. I decline renewal, am not even a member, and they try to renew my non existing membership without consulting me.
Worse is, I did not even get a shadow of an apology.Shocked Shocked
I do not recommend this merchant as its practices are questionable.

Last edited by Lord Guyrox on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 pm

EA Carey UK or USA???
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 am

USA.
I have no opinion of or experience with Carey's UK neck of the woods. Smile

Last edited by Lord Guyrox on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:53 pm

I would contact my credit card company and let them know exactly what happened. A retailer can lose the privilege to run credit cards, if they have multiple complaints about unethical practices. Banks don't feel confident letting them have the privilege of having a credit card machine, and running roughshod with the customers credit cards they were entrusted with.

There is the potential for even greater abuse than what you have described, and that is why banks take the situation so seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:30 am

@Dutch: I'm with you on that one. I did tell the customer service lady that, if this was to happen again, I was contacting my CC company to file a complaint.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:48 am

It seems too easy for companies to do that. Other pick pockets I've had experiences with include National Geographic, a Credit protection agency, and various warranties... Sometimes it indeed is years between charges, so when they come out of the blue like that, it's unnerving to say the least....

I believe the new 'chipped' cards will help prevent those occurrences..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:38 pm

As consumers, it is extremely important to be more vigilant than ever. I still don't understand why EA Carey still had my CC info when I had not been a member and bought nothing for almost 2 years. I consider this a breach of trust.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:08 pm

While I have nothing of substance to add to this thread, it won't stop me from commenting on your new Avatar Lord Guy. Mucho better!

cherry 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

PostSubject: Re: About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service   Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:32 am

Brewdude wrote:
While I have nothing of substance to add to this thread, it won't stop me from commenting on your new Avatar Lord Guy. Mucho better!

cherry 

Cheers,

RR

Gracias, bro!
Back to top Go down

About EA Carey's (USA) Customer Service
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1