HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:26 pm

I snagged a sample of Lancer Slices. Wow. Was not what i was expecting. Smelling it in the bag it smells like a heavy latakia forward smoke. It doesn't smoke that way. I was surprised how sweet it was and how the lat kind took a back seat. I really liked it. Does anyone else get this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Yep, I do. One of my favorite B-side sleeper blends. Just wait till you get some with a bit of age on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:57 pm

For me, Lat blends where the sweeter Virginia becomes dominant are the most enjoyable. Sounds like you found one! king

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:54 am

Cool, I thought it was my new tooth paste I've been using. Really messes with my taste buds but I had eaten between brushing and smoking so i figured my buds were reset by then.

Yeah i really enjoyed it. I'll try some more in a couple days, hopefully it'll be the same experience. If it is this will definitely satisfy when I want something sweet and not need a straight VA. Then I'll definitely buy more to cellar and give them a nice long nap. Even if that lat dulls the VA will more than make up for my enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:32 am

I won't lie to you, the Latakia in Lancer's really mellows with age, so some pipers won't appreciate it, or perhaps they might refer to it as faded, but I like my Latakia matured and soft and in the background. The sweetness of aged Lancer's is grand and the Virginia's pick up the slack creating a very nice well balanced smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Another of my favorite Latweeds. I keep a big jar on the aging rack plus one ready for the pipe now! Love that smoky aroma upon opening the jar. And, yes, it smokes like a dream. Dang good find on your part!! santa cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Hmm... just had the same experience with McClelland 5110 Dark English Full.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:24 am

ZeroContent wrote:
Hmm... just had the same experience with McClelland 5110 Dark English Full.

Maybe you're in "the zone." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:04 pm

If you're on the hunt for the closest representation to Bengal Slices, I feel Park-Lane Bengal Slices is far superior to Lancer Slices. If not, then I apologize for the intrusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.   Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:46 am

I tried Lancer's Slices and do like it too. I think it might have some Stoved Virginias which give it its sweetness. It's a very enjoyable smoke with a good balance between the Latakia and Virginias. Nicotine is mild to medium to me so it could make a good All Day smoke. I like the long flakes as well. I just wish it was available in tins!
Back to top Go down

F&K Lancer Slices -first impression.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1