HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Quick review of Ozark Wizards Incestuous blend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Quick review of Ozark Wizards Incestuous blend   Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Here is what I just pm'd Ozzy about his new Incestuous blend-

Test drove this today and was very impressed. It isn't often that a new blend rocks my world but this one certainly did!

Chose a well worn Sav 316 for the task and it performed admirably. Why that pipe? Hard to say, except that it's one in which I smoked Lat blends in the past- which is what I thought this might be. I was wrong. 

The 'baccy was just the perfect moisture level for me - a bit on the dry side.

Have to admit that the pouch note (tin note?) was a little intimidating since I'm pretty much off Latakia blends these days. In fact that is what dominated the sniff test so I was wary........yet you claimed boldly on the label that it had a "threat" of Latakia. OK, I get that now in retrospect. Guess I'm just sensitive to the aroma of Latakia!

On the match, the Lat-weed was very background. In fact at no time during smoking did I feel this blend had Latakia. What was dominant was a very pleasant note of chocolate. Not exactly dark chocolate yet not like milk chocolate either. Sort of an amalgamation of the two. Quite pleasant.

Also found notes of dark cherry. Must be from the mixture of stoved 'ginny weed and p-weed. Quite the balance. I DGT'd this 3 times over the afternoon and each time it came back clear as a bell.

Dunno what kind of cut you call this, but I call it a granular blend. Lots of smaller bits, and one does have to be careful about packing to avoid plugging with over anxious tamping. Fortunately I got this pretty good the first time! Dumb luck? Ya, maybe....LOL!

OK so this is only one bowl so far. Suffice to say I'm suitably impressed and this will require further "research". I have enough for prolly another 3-4 bowls so this will be rationed appropriately.

That you chose me to be a beta tester for this is beyond belief. I'd have certainly thought you'd choose someone like JimInks for this and his palate and tasting notes are so far more developed than mine.

Ozzy, you are clearly on to something here. Not only this blend, but also several of the others that you have so generously gifted me. You have a unique talent brother.

And I hope that you don't mind I post this on BoB. It's well deserved my brother.

Cheers,

RR

edit to add:

This is a very full bodied/full flavored blend. I see that there is plenty of complexity that marriage of the different weeds will reveal after some aging, yet it's ready to smoke right now IMO.

There was no big nic hit either, despite what I had been apprised of. I did have it after a light lunch so on an empty stomach this might be different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Quick review of Ozark Wizards Incestuous blend   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:16 am

Glad you liked it!

Every time I smoke it I'm done smoking for a while, probably 'cause I'm a lightweight blend smoker for the most part. I like it just before bed to get me through the night. Pares great with a big ol' glass of water...

Thanks for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Quick review of Ozark Wizards Incestuous blend   Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:41 am

Where can i get this stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Quick review of Ozark Wizards Incestuous blend   Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:26 pm

PM sent
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Quick review of Ozark Wizards Incestuous blend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1