HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Edgeworth Aromatic (Red) Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's Edgeworth Aromatic (Red) Review.   Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:41 pm

This review is based on a newly opened tub from the 1970s. The first thing that I noticed when I popped the lid was the smell and taste of brandy and burley. Itís been suggested that birch was in the topping, and I believe it. I knew there was something else besides brandy, but couldnít quite place my taste buds on it. I recognize birch now that I am clued in. The toppings are smooth, but it seems to me that they have likely lightly faded over time, though I donít know how strongly they were originally applied. They are rather mild, and well compliment the tobacco taste. The burley is much more (very) nutty than molasses sweet, and I detect no cocoa, and as noted, is the star tobacco. The Virginia is a little grassy with a bare touch of citrus. The perique is a very minor component, and has light spice note all the way through. The Turkish is slightly smoky and woody, showing itself at about the same level as the perique. The latakia also offers a smoky, woody push with a touch of sweetness and is just a shade more obvious than the Turkish and perique. Itís hard to say how much time may have affected this mixture, but I believe the diminishment is not that great. The nic-hit is mild. The strength is mild, and taste is mild to medium. Burns very well with a smooth, delicately butteriness with no dull or harsh spots. Burns to ash. Itís an easy going all day smoke with a nice room note. Not in production since the 1970s, perhaps some company will revive it one day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Edgeworth Aromatic (Red) Review.   Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:01 pm

JimInks wrote:
...Not in production since the 1970s, perhaps some company will revive it one day.

Well, that's a bummer! I woulda bought some based on your review. Didn't even know it existed, and I was around back then. Did it have a short run?

" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Edgeworth Aromatic (Red) Review.   Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
JimInks wrote:
...Not in production since the 1970s, perhaps some company will revive it one day.

Well, that's a bummer! I woulda bought some based on your review. Didn't even know it existed, and I was around back then. Did it have a short run?

" />

I don't know how long it ran. I saw 1971 as an introductory date. I never saw either it or the Gold, Green or Brown for sale, but I'm fairly sure they did not survive the 1970s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Edgeworth Aromatic (Red) Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1