HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Christmas Eve off the Grid............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:42 pm

A little cooler than expected, only 60 today. No matter..... The pig is out of the pit, the prime rib served, and three Ducks a l'orange being tossed on plates. First movie up turns out to be 'The Christmas Story" , you know, "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" The leg lamp... All that... Yah, I tossed that on the drive too..

Smoking a lot of Rattray's 2014 winter edition tonight. Very nice stuff.....

Anywhooo, back to check the folks, thought I'd check in and say best wishes to you all!

Take care.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:49 pm

All good to hear Ozzy. Rock on brother!

rabbit 

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:46 pm

We went out to chinese food, just like in the movie.

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Great to hear you and your family are having a Merry Christmas Ozark! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Merry Christmas Ozark. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Merry Christmas Ozzy. Have fun and your feast sounds delish.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:47 am

Dutch wrote:
Great to hear you and your family are having a Merry Christmas Ozark! santa

No family within a couple of thousand miles here. This is a group from the surrounding hills and hollers, stores and churches. Folks that had no 'real plans' for Christmas, well, they have a place tonight....

Baklava is almost gone now, and the ladies are slinging pies out of my oven like machines. Some of the local gentlemen are passing around some of the finest corn squeezin's it's been my pleasure to poison my liver with. Skeet was good during the light, now it's archery at the hay bales by Mercury vapor and moonlight. Young 'uns are watching the Grinch and drinking hot apple cider or chocolate......

I realized tonight that there are a lot of people here that are 'neighbors', but haven't really mingled until today. Turns out a lot of them have a lot in common, but never spoke....

Funny how that sometimes small things like a supper invite can draw people together, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:41 am

Sounds like a fine community; I hope you all have a brilliant time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:33 am

Sounds like great fun brother. I always did love a good gathering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks guys............

Got all the meats out of a boil to debone and the chili is underway!

Last night's pies are going fast............

Red beans and rice are ready, and the uncle of the young man who helped himself to my Burley brought catfish and crawfish. Awesome turn of events!

The collective children are going through the throws of sugar detox and sleep deprivation,(As I think are also us adults, from our liquid sugar filled indulgences and general frolicking). You know, some whiny, some sleeping, everything in between.......

Another sunny day, proceeding at least a couple of days of rather intense rain.

Timing is everything, and it doesn't hurt to have Mother Nature's ear!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Thanks guys............

Got all the meats out of a boil to debone and the chili is underway!

Last night's pies are going fast............

Red beans and rice are ready, and the uncle of the young man who helped himself to my Burley brought catfish and crawfish. Awesome turn of events!

The collective children are going through the throws of sugar detox and sleep deprivation,(As I think are also us adults, from our liquid sugar filled indulgences and general frolicking). You know, some whiny, some sleeping, everything in between.......

Another sunny day, proceeding at least a couple of days of rather intense rain.

Timing is everything, and it doesn't hurt to have Mother Nature's ear!

Well now, that certainly was unexpected wasn't it? Same guy that threatened you with court several times IIRC.

Very good of him as well as you to welcome him. That kid still needs a good whoopin' afaic.

Sounds like a fine time was had by all Ozzy. Good on you to do this.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Your post makes me wistful, Ozark.

My dad, when he wasn't finding a new wife to cheat on, was a homesteader and built a log cabin from the ground up when I was in second grade. No kits, just went up into the woods and brought down trees. Anyway, we were off the grid for many years and I still cherish the time I spent as a child running around 10 acres of forest.

It's posts like this that remind me that sometimes the family that we choose ends up being our real family.

So glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas, have a Happy New Year sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve off the Grid............    Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Briarbabe wrote:
Your post makes me wistful, Ozark.

My dad, when he wasn't finding a new wife to cheat on, was a homesteader and built a log cabin from the ground up when I was in second grade. No kits, just went up into the woods and brought down trees. Anyway, we were off the grid for many years and I still cherish the time I spent as a child running around 10 acres of forest.

It's posts like this that remind me that sometimes the family that we choose ends up being our real family.

So glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas, have a Happy New Year sir.

Happy New Year to you too Ma'am!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Christmas Eve off the Grid............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: