HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any luck with Whole Leaf Tobacco?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Any luck with Whole Leaf Tobacco?   Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Has anyone used any of the whole leaf tobacco from either LeafOnly.com or WholeLeafTobacco.com? Both sell whole leaf lemon, bright, and red VA, burly, light and dark fired, and a couple turkish/orientals. LeafOnly sells whole leaf perique and WholeLeafTobacco sells latakia.

I have cigar leaf from LeafOnly and I'm impress with the quality of the Nic and Dom fillers I've gotten. Both are well aged and fermented. Was wondering what they're tobaccos that would traditionally be used for pipes were like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Any luck with Whole Leaf Tobacco?   Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm thinking Ozzy (Ozark Wizard) may have some experience with them. Just a hunch, mind.

Wink 

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Any luck with Whole Leaf Tobacco?   Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Brewdude wrote:
I'm thinking Ozzy (Ozark Wizard) may have some experience with them. Just a hunch, mind.

Wink 

Cheers,

RR

Hmmmm............

Perhaps so.........

I have had dealings with them, and not had any issues in the past, other than pricing and the expense of shipping pushing the envelope of cost efficiency. (i.e., you can buy low grade blends for as much as the total for getting whole leaf and having to do it yourself, then age the result... I still get some stuff from them that would be otherwise unobtainable, like cigar and oriental leaf components, though I'm working on it...)

I am under the impression that the two are related somehow, as the descriptions and photos are identical. Prices are similar as well. Caleb may own both, or is a partner, I can't tell you for certain.

I will say for sure that either site is good for getting leaf you may not be willing to hassle with growing yourself. Bear in mind, it is raw leaf, and to say any is 'aged' (per se') is open to interpretation. One or the other offers 1/4 pound samples if you're curious, yet again, I will say, the price per pound could be as much as a bulk finished product...

Hope this helps..... Feel free to PM me regarding any other questions!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Any luck with Whole Leaf Tobacco?   Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:43 am

Yeah but i like doing stuff myself. I like knowing how stuff works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com

Any luck with Whole Leaf Tobacco?
Page 1 of 1