HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:49 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have found that I tend to flit around through different stuff, then lite upon one certain 'shtick' as it were, and wallow in that particular type, for a while. Sure, I'll drift occasionally. That's why the variances in the sock drawer, right?

But always back to the bender.

Only for a while though............

Then, during a drift, I'll get a real feel for another kind. You know, when it just hits you right...........

And here we go, locked into a different bender for the next time period. Then, here's the next prose...........

How long does One go through the focus? A week? A month? Longer? For me, the time periods differ..............

Well, anybody care to share?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:42 pm

I guess no one.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I guess no one.............

No not really Ozzie. Just guess I haven't a good enough response. But I get your drift.

Can I relate? Yup!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Nope you're not the only one. I do the same thing. Smoke a blend for a few weeks then find myself jumping around between blends quite a bit for a while.

It's the burden of the piper that enjoys just about every style of mixture. I smoke them all, from Lakelands to American Aro's, to latakias, straight Va's, vapers and burleys.

I am somewhat easy to please, but I definitely have my mainstays..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:42 am

On a serious McClelland Virginia bender here, started with 5100 then onto this years Christmas cheer. Am about to open either a tin of Darkstar or Blackwoods. Haven't yet made up my mind as to which.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:41 am

Sorry Oz, must have missed this one first time round.

I wonder how much you're describing comes down to advertising, for example 'tin art'. I know that for me, apart from the fact they deliver some mighty fine blends, Sammy G's tin art certainly adds to the appeal. It's all part of the process; selecting the right briar, choosing a baccy (often these will happen the other way round), the pack, light..... and we haven't even reached the smoke yet....

Yup, tin art...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:51 am

I'm prone to the occasional one-blend bender, too. After a few months of smoking a smattering of blends based on my mood, I'll shelve everything and end up stuck on a blend to the exclusion of all else. When this happens, it's almost always GLP Filmore or McC St. James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Me! Me! I'm a tobacco whore who goes on benders! Strong perique blends are the worst. Once I start on those, I don't want nuffin' else. After my head waking up in an alley too many times, it's on to thinking plain old burley is the cat's posterior, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:41 pm

I guess I don't do benders because I have 21 tins open and a mess of bulk I dip into. A few bowls and I'm on to something else.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Well, I experimented with a bunch of aromatics, and for the first time I found a bunch I really liked. Such a bunch, that I probably won't open a tin of anything else until I get through much of it. Not sure if this is a bender or just being a kid with a new toy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:03 am

mark wrote:
I guess I don't do benders because I have 21 tins open and a mess of bulk I dip into. A few bowls and I'm on to something else.

+1

I rarely smoke the same blend twice in a row. I think I've hit up Ten Russians 4 times this month. HH BK 3x, HH ODF 3x and lancer slices 2x. Everything else has been once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:33 am

Been smoking Penzance 90% of the time for the last 2 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:26 pm

For a very long time, when both cash and time were allocated to other things, I didn't smoke much but Tobacco Cove Prime Minister. I supplemented that with the odd Dunhill tin. Never felt deprived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:54 pm

hobie1dog wrote:

Man, if I did that I think my wife would file for divorce. Whenever she sees me grab a pipe, in reference to Penzance she'll usually say, "Please, don't smoke the stinky one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS   Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:56 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
hobie1dog wrote:

Man, if I did that I think my wife would file for divorce. Whenever she sees me grab a pipe, in reference to Penzance she'll usually say, "Please, don't smoke the stinky one."

One guy posted up that his wife also said, " That smells like horse sh#t"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tobacco Benders.. No not blenders, BENDERS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1