HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bengal slices revisited

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Bengal slices revisited   Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:59 pm

A quote from P&C

"In 2015, the Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania acquired the trademark and approached our own blender, Russ Ouellette, to recreate the tobacco. Russ had already made an homage to Bengal Slices with his Fusilier's Ration. But, now armed with more detailed information about the original, Russ was able to fine tune the blend and top note to recreate the crumble cake accurately. The result is a bright, sweet and smoky blend, delivered in the original crumble cake form. The flavor is lively, but with depth, and the aroma is quite unique, being one of the few Latakia blends that most bystanders find appealing. If you enjoy Latakia and Orientals, but want something different, you have to try Bengal Slices."

MSRP...........$16.00/50 grams

Tuesday Special...$12.79/50 grams

Price per gram........... $7.272727272727

Is this stuff Hallucinogenic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Bengal Slices were my go-to back around '01 or so.

Being as I'm mostly off Lat for now I haven't checked out Russ' recreation. Perhaps I should.á

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:24 am

I highly recommend it. I went through my review sample mighty fast and smoked the second ounce I got just as quickly. And I don't smoke latakia blends like I used. But, this is worth the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 am

From the reviews it sounds like a blend I will enjoy, so 5 tins are headed my way along with a couple more thing to make for free shipping What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:14 am

How much of the blend is Latakia? Lately, a few blends aside, I having trending towards preferring it as more of a condiment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:34 pm

I hope it is as accurate as possible, sells splendidly, and ends up in bulk form. I don't care about tins. I'll take the savings, thank you very much. So far, I feel that Park-Lane Bengal Slices has been the only thing close to the original. Lots of claims. Lots of bullsh1t.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Fatman wrote:
From the reviews it sounds like a blend I will enjoy, so 5 tins are headed my way along with a couple more thing to make for free shipping What a Face

Well played John!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:20 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
A quote from P&C

"In 2015, the Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania acquired the trademark and approached our own blender, Russ Ouellette, to recreate the tobacco. Russ had already made an homage to Bengal Slices with his Fusilier's Ration. But, now armed with more detailed information about the original, Russ was able to fine tune the blend and top note to recreate the crumble cake accurately. The result is a bright, sweet and smoky blend, delivered in the original crumble cake form. The flavor is lively, but with depth, and the aroma is quite unique, being one of the few Latakia blends that most bystanders find appealing. If you enjoy Latakia and Orientals, but want something different, you have to try Bengal Slices."

Hey Brother Wiz, you smokin' some of your patented 'baccy weed while doing math?? $12.79 divided by 50 = $.2558/gm. $7.27/gm. makes for some damned expensive pipe weed drunken drunken cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
A quote from P&C

Hey Brother Wiz, you smokin' some of your patented 'baccy weed while doing math?? $12.79 divided by 50 = $.2558/gm. $7.27/gm. makes for some damned expensive pipe weed drunken drunken cheers FTRPLT

Ah recun............

Should say price per ounce, but you know, when you're used to 10 bucks per gram for the prescription, other weed prices sound cheap! Funny when you type with rented paws and the right pipe in hand how the compass drifts....Gettin' all Magellan and Schtick.......

Must be this 'new math' I've been helping the grandkids with.... you know, the cube root of 127.9909 is 'fish'.........

muah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
ftrplt wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
A quote from P&C

Ah recun............

Should say price per ounce, but you know, when you're used to 10 bucks per gram for the prescription, other weed prices sound cheap! Funny when you type with rented paws and the right pipe in hand how the compass drifts....Gettin' all Magellan and Schtick.......

Must be this 'new math' I've been helping the grandkids with.... you know, the cube root of 127.9909 is 'fish'.........

muah!

Fully understand the "new math" thing!! Had/have the same experience with my grandson. The edjewkaytorz are making something relatively easy, relatively hard!!

Back to the subject of Bengal Slices. Way back when, this was in my regular rotation. I still remember the last tin I smoked. And, as with my beloved BS 759, I went back to the store only to be told "the music wasn't playing anymore!" I have one tin of Fusiliers Ration; have yet to try it. I've found Charles Fairmorn's Lancers Slices to be a more than acceptable stand-in for the Bengal's!!!cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Fatman wrote:

You always have to find some other stuff get to free shipping! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:27 pm

nismo270r wrote:
Fatman wrote:

My 'baccy collection is replete with tins and jars of fine pipe weed purchased solely to get "Free Shipping!" Razz cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm

If you don't get free shipping you may not be shopping hard enough............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:06 pm

ftrplt wrote:
nismo270r wrote:
Fatman wrote:

My 'baccy collection is replete with tins and jars of fine pipe weed purchased solely to get "Free Shipping!" Razz cheers FTRPLT

Ozark Wizard wrote:

Isn't that the truth!? Free shipping is the root of all TAD! "I just need another $xx to get free shipping...hmm, I've never tried that before!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:35 pm

nismo270r wrote:
ftrplt wrote:
nismo270r wrote:
Fatman wrote:

Ozark Wizard wrote:

Isn't that the truth!? Free shipping is the root of all TAD! "I just need another $xx to get free shipping...hmm, I've never tried that before!"

Guilty as charged, your honour!

Embarassed

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Brewdude wrote:
nismo270r wrote:
ftrplt wrote:
nismo270r wrote:
Fatman wrote:

Ozark Wizard wrote:

Guilty as charged, your honour!

Embarassed

Cheers,

RR

Good thing they're not like Amazon! $35 and we'd have to make reasonable tobacco purchases, and where's the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Got word from above that they have no plans to sell this in bulk. Bummer. If anyone bought some and didn't care for it, PM me. I'd love to work something out to get a sample.

Has anyone with decent memory of the original had this Pipes & Cigars version and care to comment on it? All the reviews I'm finding are from younger smokers who couldn't compare the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:46 pm

I still have seven unopened tins from 2001. I haven't popped 'em 'cuz I don't know if I can afford it at estate tobacco rates. I shoulda ordered some of the new stuff with my IPSD buy to compare. Another steenkin brain cramp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:11 pm

KevinM wrote:
I still have seven unopened tins from 2001. I haven't popped 'em 'cuz I don't know if I can afford it at estate tobacco rates. I shoulda ordered some of the new stuff with my IPSD buy to compare. Another steenkin brain cramp.

I hear yah.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Bengal slices revisited   Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:00 pm

A buddy of mine shipped me a tin of the new Bengal Slices here in Kenya. I must admit when I first opened it the only scent that came through was latakia. I suspected it would be a lat-bomb, which it is, but the smell also reminded me of another blend. After smoking a couple of bowls, feeling out the blend, I have decided that it is very reminiscent of Penzance. It's different, mind you, but there are a lot of similarities in my opinion. It also reminded me quite a bit of SPC's Plum Pudding.

Anyone else feel this way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bengal slices revisited
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1