HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Peretti's "Original Mixture"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Upscale Mixture No. 79.  "Soapy" as a descriptive doesn't quite cut it. This is more like using aftershave as a mouthwash. Close to disgusting on the initial light, the taste mellows out though never really leaves.  Wonderful aroma, and this is NOT a vanilla blend.  The underlying tobacco (burley, apparently) must be of high quality, because it actually begins to taste good.  I am taken aback by the fact that I actually like this concoction--one might even say addicted.  I bought an 8 oz. "paint can," and I'm glad I did.  I dip into it daily.  Perhaps I'm losing it, or something--I also got Royal Blend, if that's any indication.  How anyone could like both boggles the mind.

So, for anyone interested, proceed at own risk.  I have never seen it reviewed here, hence my feeble effort above.  Of note--and here I go further out on a limb--this stuff doesn't seem to leave much of a ghost, if any. Very strange.  You might want to avoid packing it into your favorite patent no. Dunhill or Castello, however, until you're sure.  Your taste could be far more discerning than mine, and probably is. Very mild, with modest nicotine, I should add.

N.B.  I am unfamiliar with the soapy British Lakeland blends, other than Bob's Chocolate Flake, so obviously I'll leave any comparisons to others more informed, in the unlikely event that there's anyone else smoking this weed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Haven't smoked that one.

However, I just smoked through a sizeable sample of Blend DD. It's also quite fragrant, pretty much in the exact way you described.

I liked it a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Isn't Royal Blend the one that monbla always gives rave reviews of? And it's a big Lat blend? Thought you enjoyed those Richard. Or am I dis-remembering??


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Isn't Royal Blend the one that monbla always gives rave reviews of? And it's a big Lat blend? Thought you enjoyed those Richard. Or am I dis-remembering??


Cheers,

RR

I don't see where he was talking about Royal Blend. Their Original Mixture is a different blend as I understand it. It's one of ther Burley based blends. RB is a Va based Lat/Or forward blend. Two VASTLY different folks !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Isn't Royal Blend the one that monbla always gives rave reviews of? And it's a big Lat blend? Thought you enjoyed those Richard. Or am I dis-remembering??


Cheers,

RR

I don't see where he was talking about Royal Blend. Their Original Mixture is a different blend as I understand it. It's one of ther Burley based blends. RB is a Va based Lat/Or forward blend. Two VASTLY different folks !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

He did mention it in the OP-

Richard Burley wrote:
Upscale Mixture No. 79.  "Soapy" as a descriptive doesn't quite cut it. This is more like using aftershave as a mouthwash. Close to disgusting on the initial light, the taste mellows out though never really leaves.  Wonderful aroma, and this is NOT a vanilla blend.  The underlying tobacco (burley, apparently) must be of high quality, because it actually begins to taste good.  I am taken aback by the fact that I actually like this concoction--one might even say addicted.  I bought an 8 oz. "paint can," and I'm glad I did.  I dip into it daily.  Perhaps I'm losing it, or something--I also got Royal Blend, if that's any indication.  How anyone could like both boggles the mind.

So, for anyone interested, proceed at own risk.  I have never seen it reviewed here, hence my feeble effort above.  Of note--and here I go further out on a limb--this stuff doesn't seem to leave much of a ghost, if any. Very strange.  You might want to avoid packing it into your favorite patent no. Dunhill or Castello, however, until you're sure.  Your taste could be far more discerning than mine, and probably is. Very mild, with modest nicotine, I should add.

N.B.  I am unfamiliar with the soapy British Lakeland blends, other than Bob's Chocolate Flake, so obviously I'll leave any comparisons to others more informed, in the unlikely event that there's anyone else smoking this weed.

Not sure of the connection myself!

Question



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Brewdude wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Isn't Royal Blend the one that monbla always gives rave reviews of? And it's a big Lat blend? Thought you enjoyed those Richard. Or am I dis-remembering??


Cheers,

RR

I don't see where he was talking about Royal Blend. Their Original Mixture is a different blend as I understand it. It's one of ther Burley based blends. RB is a Va based Lat/Or forward blend. Two VASTLY different folks !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

He did mention it in the OP-

Richard Burley wrote:
Upscale Mixture No. 79.  "Soapy" as a descriptive doesn't quite cut it. This is more like using aftershave as a mouthwash. Close to disgusting on the initial light, the taste mellows out though never really leaves.  Wonderful aroma, and this is NOT a vanilla blend.  The underlying tobacco (burley, apparently) must be of high quality, because it actually begins to taste good.  I am taken aback by the fact that I actually like this concoction--one might even say addicted.  I bought an 8 oz. "paint can," and I'm glad I did.  I dip into it daily.  Perhaps I'm losing it, or something--I also got Royal Blend, if that's any indication.  How anyone could like both boggles the mind.

So, for anyone interested, proceed at own risk.  I have never seen it reviewed here, hence my feeble effort above.  Of note--and here I go further out on a limb--this stuff doesn't seem to leave much of a ghost, if any. Very strange.  You might want to avoid packing it into your favorite patent no. Dunhill or Castello, however, until you're sure.  Your taste could be far more discerning than mine, and probably is. Very mild, with modest nicotine, I should add.

N.B.  I am unfamiliar with the soapy British Lakeland blends, other than Bob's Chocolate Flake, so obviously I'll leave any comparisons to others more informed, in the unlikely event that there's anyone else smoking this weed.

Not sure of the connection myself!

Question



Cheers,

RR

Sorry Dude, I missed that !! These are two VERY DIFFERENT blends so I don't see the connection either !! Royal Blend is a Balkan, probably the closest one can find to the much vaunted BS 759 today IMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:58 pm

I interpreted his post to mean that the two blends were so vastly different from one another that he found it hard to believe that he could simultaneously like them both as much as he did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:13 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
I interpreted his post to mean that the two blends were so vastly different from one another that he found it hard to believe that he could simultaneously like them both as much as he did.

WINNER!...in the reading comprehension sweepstakes! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Sleeping through all those college classes really paid off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Peretti's "Original Mixture"   Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:43 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
I interpreted his post to mean that the two blends were so vastly different from one another that he found it hard to believe that he could simultaneously like them both as much as he did.

WINNER!...in the reading comprehension sweepstakes! cheers

AH-HA. Now I see, said the blind man!

silent



Cheers,

Rr
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
 
Peretti's "Original Mixture"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Original WW II Spitfire Prototype Is Being Put Up For Sale
» Big Stretch here - Painting indicating it was original for " WW2 War Bonds Poster"
» Remove original domain
» David Payne Statement 4th May 2007
» WWII era Wool Blanket?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: