HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

who has made perique at home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: who has made perique at home    Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:18 pm

I have been trying for a few years now to make a perique any ideas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Paging the Wizard.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:59 pm

I always thought that all perique was processed in Louisiana. MIKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:05 pm

SPUD 15 wrote:
I always thought that all perique was processed in Louisiana.  MIKE

Same here. According to all the reading I've done real perique is a species of tobacco that grows in only one place in the world. St. James Parrish in Louisiana.
I've also read that there is false perique and that it is made from a species of burley. Kentucky Green River burley if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:26 pm

williamcharles wrote:
SPUD 15 wrote:

Same here. According to all the reading I've done real perique is a species of tobacco that grows in only one place in the world. St. James Parrish in Louisiana.
I've also read that there is false perique and that it is made from a species of burley. Kentucky Green River burley if I remember correctly.

Yuppers, I do make a 'Perique'. I use quotation to indicate that it is tobacco treated in the same manner as what they make in St. James Parish, LA.

Obviously too, that one farm could not possibly account for all the tons of it in the world. It is my understanding that there are other makers of 'Perique' that use Green River Burley, and now there is something called Acadian Perique, which a different critter, but similar, and somewhat well recieved.

Ever use a Band-Aid? Are you sure, or is it just an adhesive bandage? The use of the name 'Perique' is like that... I have a method, and there are others online. You seem to like You-Tube, perhaps watch a how-to vid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:34 am

SPUD 15 wrote:

About 20 miles from my house. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:09 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
williamcharles wrote:
SPUD 15 wrote:

Yuppers, I do make a 'Perique'. I use quotation to indicate that it is tobacco treated in the same manner as what they make in St. James Parish, LA.

Obviously too, that one farm could not possibly account for all the tons of it in the world. It is my understanding that there are other makers of 'Perique' that use Green River Burley, and now there is something called Acadian Perique, which a different critter, but similar, and somewhat well recieved.

Ever use a Band-Aid? Are you sure, or is it just an adhesive bandage? The use of the name 'Perique' is like that... I have a method, and there are others online. You seem to like You-Tube, perhaps watch a how-to vid?

YouTube? You sure you don't have me confused with someone else?

You more or less supported what I posted about what I've read. There's real Perique and there's false "Perique".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

williamcharles wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
williamcharles wrote:
SPUD 15 wrote:

You more or less supported what I posted about what I've read. There's real Perique and there's false "Perique".

Sorry, I quoted you but was talking to the poster asking about making it. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: who has made perique at home    Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:29 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
williamcharles wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
williamcharles wrote:
SPUD 15 wrote:

Sorry, I quoted you but was talking to the poster asking about making it. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. Maybe I should check out youtube. I might learn a thing or three Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

who has made perique at home
Page 1 of 1