HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

what do people think of dunhill london mixture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:52 pm

I don't have a comment yet smoked one bowl was good but im working out the flavors and the profile of it and one tried it
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:33 pm

I've smoked it for years! Must like it!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:52 pm

I thought it was ok but wasn't wowed by it. I smoked what I had without any reservations but it's not on my "I gotta reorder this stuff!" list.

If I remember, the biggest drawback I found was that I had A LOT of trouble keeping it burning cool...I'm usually ok in that department, but once this stuff got going it was like a runaway train.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:02 pm

First smoked it back in '72 when Dunhill made it, then smoked Murray's version and now have tried STG/Orlick's version. They've all been near the same over the years with STG/Orlik's version capturing the essence of the "old" days. I've found it to be one of the smoothest, coolest smoking English type blends made. With the addition of the Turkish/Oriental leaf in addition to the Latakia on top of a nice base of Virginia leaf it could be classified as a Balkan as well ! I've always a tin or two around when I want an evenly balanced cool, smooth Latakia blend. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 pm

DLM used to be one of my go-to's back around '00/'01. Even brought a tin with me to the UK for my vacation there in '01 - talk about bringing coals to Newcastle! I'm guessing that was the Murray's edition at the time.

Being mostly off Lat these days I haven't checked out the latest Orlick's iteration but did get in a tin to open when the time is right. And a very kind brother here also sent me an unopened tin of the Murray's which again hasn't been opened yet. It'll certainly be interesting to compare these when I get my Lat on.

And yes I realize that the older tin will have mellowed in all these years so it really won't be a totally fair comparison. So be it.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:13 pm

Love it! That and the Standard Mixture Medium are the stick by which I measure medium English Blends. I like that the outstanding flavor is mostly the sweet Virginia with Lat and Orientals there to help it along. Enjoy!

I have one tin of each from the Murray Era that I got in trade a few years back. They sit waiting.... sunny

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:34 am

I really enjoy the London Mixture. Nice all day English with a good flavor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:25 pm

I only had a tin in 20034 and I loved it. Why didn't I buy more is a good question.
But, rejoice, I acquired 10 tins last year to make up. lol!
Back to top Go down
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:16 pm

It's not like I hated the stuff or anything, but I'm actually kind of surprised to see so many of you are such big fans of it. Different strokes for different folks, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:37 pm

I like London Mixture. Definitely my favorite Orlik blended Dunhill latakia mixture, although I have not tried the re-released Durbar or Aperitif yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:03 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
I like London Mixture. Definitely my favorite Orlik blended Dunhill latakia mixture, although I have not tried the re-released Durbar or Aperitif yet.

Durbar is very good, IMHO. Very Oriental forward and nicely fragrant. The Apéritif is a nice, more traditional, Scottish blend. Smells really weird but is good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: what do people think of dunhill london mixture    Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Dunhill's London Mixture= the best blend made under the Dunhill label IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

what do people think of dunhill london mixture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1