HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crack of dawn rough ins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Crack of dawn rough ins Empty
PostSubject: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:57 am

Back to cold nights. At sunrise it was 14 F. These are nights that keep me mindful of the woodstove in the animal barn, keep it fed to keep them warm, their water liquid rather than a solid. Of course this means feeding it every other hour or so (small stove), so no real sleep until around 3 AM.

My sweet dogs need to go 'play' shortly after first light. This morning, with the sun beaming in the window, they tossed me out of bed...

"Let's go!", they barked.

I don't generally feed the other critters until 8 or so, but they saw me and started shouting at me for their sweet feed. OK. Fed them.

In my shop/wood storage section I saw the wood pieces that I was studying a couple of days ago. Well, I'm up. Might as well start shaping. Nothing like starting the day by running power tools and files to get the blood moving, right?

Before the first morning cup of Joe, I set these on the table by my seat in the living room. As I believe I am going to be subjected to a "Twilight Movie Marathon" tonight, this and my headphones playing Dave Brubeck should keep me sane...
Crack of dawn rough ins 02031616

Back to top Go down
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Very nice pipes you have started there, Ozark. Good luck on staying sane during a Twilight marathon. Might I suggest a goodly amount of some Apple Pie Shine? That should help as well. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 pm

You're on a roll Ozzy.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Crack of dawn rough ins Purple11x 3Crack of dawn rough ins Bombx10Crack of dawn rough ins Bombx10  Crack of dawn rough ins D6bddf10 Crack of dawn rough ins 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Crack of dawn rough ins Cowboy13Crack of dawn rough ins 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Those look pretty dadburn good OW,we'll have to see'em when there all finished up sir. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:12 pm

d4klutz wrote:
Very nice pipes you have started there, Ozark.  Good luck on staying sane during a Twilight marathon.  Might I suggest a goodly amount of some Apple Pie Shine?  That should help as well. Cool

Just so happens I have some Midnight Moon's Apple Pie Shine, somewhere around here..........

Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:15 pm

Nice work, Mr. Wiz. Those look great.
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 4:29 am

Nice work sir, I'm not sure if I'd still be sane at the end of a twilight marathon.

Here's hoping you can keep your marbles.

Good luck

Tim
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:31 am

Nice! Can't wait to see them finished! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:54 am

Looking good Wiz. Another couple of belters from the Wizard's stable!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Here is one of the pair, finished. I put a bit of a flat spot on the bottom so it would stand up. I may fine tune it a bit more, as when I bent the stem back for the curve, it cantilevered a bit more weight to the back, causing more pressure on the heel than I prefer.

Crack of dawn rough ins 02071610

Crack of dawn rough ins 02071611

Crack of dawn rough ins 02071612
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Sweet! Great job Wiz! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Very nice Mr Wizard Sir, very nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Very cool Ozzy. Might be asking for a commission soon.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Crack of dawn rough ins Purple11x 3Crack of dawn rough ins Bombx10Crack of dawn rough ins Bombx10  Crack of dawn rough ins D6bddf10 Crack of dawn rough ins 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Crack of dawn rough ins Cowboy13Crack of dawn rough ins 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Nice job on that horn! I like that it sits. I was hoping it would be smooth, as it looked like the grain would really have shown on it. However, it is still a stunning pipe.

I guess you didn't go insane from that marathon? Or did the apple pie help? Cool lol!
Back to top Go down
http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Really nice work Wiz Very Happy
I bet the Swiss could get a tune out of that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:47 pm

alandadp wrote:
Really nice work Wiz Very Happy
I bet the Swiss could get a tune out of that Very Happy

'...high on the side of a mountain valley, yodel yodel...'
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:35 pm

d4klutz wrote:
Nice job on that horn!  I like that it sits.  I was hoping it would be smooth, as it looked like the grain would really have shown on it.  However, it is still a stunning pipe.

I guess you didn't go insane from that marathon?  Or did the apple pie help? Cool lol!

The next couple may be smooth, if I can get the grain to behave like the others. I just get particular about the smooth finish, and I'm on a rustication bend. It's my new "OOH, SHINY" thing in my head lately.

I'll get over it................

As far as the marathon, I didn't notice the first movie, as I was focused and my jazz was up pretty loud on the headphones. The second movie I had to cook supper, and then chore about, feed the animals, etc... The third movie I was feeling the apple 'shine and was getting irritated by that whiney Bella chick not being able to make up her mind whether or not she wanted a werewolf or a vampire as a mate. I made the comment if she were Morman she could have both and have the best of both worlds. The glare from SWMBO was stifling. Sooo, I went to the barn and worked on a press for Timbo and 'stepped away from the drama'.

What?

It's not like I was dissing Star Trek or something..........................................................
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:12 pm

The guts to the press are ready, now for the housing. Something custom and rustic, I think............

Crack of dawn rough ins 02081611
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 10:46 pm

It's always really cool to see a craftsman at work, and you certainly make some unique one of a kind pipes Ozark.

I am so proud of the one you sent me awhile back, I am hesitant to set fire to it. I will probably get past it eventually, and christen it on a special occasion, with some of the homegrown you sent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Dutch wrote:
It's always really cool to see a craftsman at work, and you certainly make some unique one of a kind pipes Ozark.

I am so proud of the one you sent me awhile back, I am hesitant to set fire to it. I will probably get past it eventually, and christen it on a special occasion, with some of the homegrown you sent. Very Happy

Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm learning.......

Shame to have a pipe, and not smoke it at least once, though.............
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Crack of dawn rough ins   Crack of dawn rough ins EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:09 am

Looking good Oz, you've got me squealing in excitement like a schoolgirl Smile or maybe pig
Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down

Crack of dawn rough ins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: