HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

aromatic headache

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: aromatic headache    Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Dose [Does] any one [anyone] else get headaches from some aromatic tobacco [?]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Being a recovered alcoholic I've researched the hangover extensively or as I use to call it Overhang.
One of the things that seems to cause it is sugar/glucose content as I can contest to by eating sweets before bed time like candy bars and such and having a slight overhang in the morning. This hasn't happened in awhile but, did not long after climbing out of the bottle.

Now, aro's have a sweetener of some sorts shall we say in them and most likely it's a sugar of some sort, hence giving someone a headache/ hangover. This is just my assumption not having thoroughly researched the effects of aromatic tobaccos. Although it could be your getting headaches from the nicotine content as well. Some people react differently to these elements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:08 am

Orientals used to do it with me. (The tobacco, not the babes. [Well, maybe just one or two, on reflection.]) I had it in my head that the scent was "medicinal." You know, all that herbal stuff goin' on? Then the taste somehow became "acquired," as they say, and I was OK. Aromatics, never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Hmm well its kinda strange I can't smoke them often it makes smokeing no fun at all and definitely not relaxing when I get up and can't even see from a splitting headache
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:34 pm

The Only aromatic to ever give me a headache was Sillem's Black. So yes, it's possible, but I would imagine that it's all about what you're sensitive to. Discovering what works for you or against you is all a part of the process and there's no short cut as far as this is concerned. Obviously this kind of stuff varies quite a bit from person to person. I know several people that can't smoke Latakia. A good friend of mine can't smoke perique without experiencing horrendous sneezing fits. I am sure it's quite possible to have sensitivities to various flavorings and additives as well. Perhaps try some different aromatic blends and ditch the one(s) that are giving you trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:49 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
The Only aromatic to ever give me a headache was Sillem's Black. So yes, it's possible, but I would imagine that it's all about what you're sensitive to. Discovering what works for you or against you is all a part of the process and there's no short cut as far as this is concerned. Obviously this kind of stuff varies quite a bit from person to person. I know several people that can't smoke Latakia. A good friend of mine can't smoke perique without experiencing horrendous sneezing fits. I am sure it's quite possible to have sensitivities to various flavorings and additives as well. Perhaps try some different aromatic blends and ditch the one(s) that's giving you trouble.

Yeah, come to think of it I have two tins of Esoterica Balkan Sobranie and 4oz's of Arango Balkan Supreme I can't smoke without it giving me coughing fits. Something in it that tickles my cough reaction and I really like the stuff is the big problem. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm getting tons of good info here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Smirk. Maybe you need to ease off on the libations you include in your smoking sessions...

What was the aromatic you were smoking that hurt you? Perhaps we should avoid it!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:23 am

Yes, I have experienced that in the past. With Borkum Riff Bourbon Whisky and SG Bothy Flake. Probably because they are not using good Irish whisky, which never gives me a headache.
Back to top Go down
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:54 am

U know it wiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: aromatic headache    Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:55 am

I just stopped them and just do english now no more worried heads any more lol
Back to top Go down