HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:28 am

The red Virginia has some earth and a very tangy sweet dark fruitiness. The lighter Virginia has a little grass and citrus as a minor player. The burleys have a bit of earthy nuttiness and a little molasses and spice, and well compliment the Virginias. They are sublimated some by the toppings. The rose and tonquin bean are mild, but obvious in every puff. They are almost medium level floral with a little perfume, but no soap, so donít figure to wash your hands with it. Itís in the Lakeland genre, but doesnít really have the ďLakelandĒ scent or taste one expects from more infused products, so Lakeland aficionados won't likely consider this to be part of the family. The toppings are sweet and rich, and though they lose just a little of their impact after the half way point when the tobaccos assert themselves to some extent, they stay with you to the finish. The nic-hit is mild to medium. The taste is medium. The tobacco easily breaks apart to suit your preference. Burns cool, clean, very smooth and creamy at a moderate pace with no dull or harsh spots. You can puff as fast as you want and it wonít bite, though I recommend a slow cadence for full enjoyment. Leaves very little moisture in the bowl. The after taste lingers a little, and the room note is sweetly pleasant. Experienced hardcore Lakeland smokers may find this a little tame in strength and taste, but they may also find it to be a nice change of pace. Itís not an all day smoke, but itís easily repeatable if you wish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:36 am

Is this still available somewhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 am

DrT999 wrote:

I just checked P&C and they no longer list it or the Fortissimo, which was a stronger version of this blend. I'd say they are both history given that.

Edit: Smoking Pipes doesn't list them either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:15 am

JimInks wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

I just checked P&C and they no longer list it or the Fortissimo, which was a stronger version of this blend. I'd say they are both history given that.

Yeah, I noticed. pale I think P&C was the only place I'd ever seen them listed (although of course they may have been listed elsewhere), but they were always noted as 'out of stock' Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:30 am

DrT999 wrote:
JimInks wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

Yeah, I noticed. †pale I think P&C was the only place I'd ever seen them listed (although of course they may have been listed elsewhere), but they were always noted as 'out of stock' Sad

I had not thought about it when I posted my review. I got a nice sample from a friend, and he didn't know either as I just found out. Well, I'm still sending you a sample before long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 pm

I once tried the Fortissimo version of this and it was like smoking potpourri....!!

Cheers?

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:14 pm

I got at least 4 ounces of the Fortissimo and have had it for a couple years. Even then I had it on backorder for months. I haven't heard of any order of that being fulfilled after I got mine. I was either the final wave or the one before. Sadly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
I got at least 4 ounces of the Fortissimo and have had it for a couple years. Even then I had it on backorder for months. I haven't heard of any order of that being fulfilled after I got mine. I was either the final wave or the one before. Sadly.
†I never tried that version. What did you think? Potpourri?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.   Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm

It is unmistakably scented. I did think one of the flavors in the scenting was ahead of the others. I've had mine jarred for quite some time now and opened it only recently to send a sample to another Brother. It smelled intoxicating and as though some nice melding had happened. I did not smoke any at that time so that's just a tin note impression. Perhaps some is due to be smoked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's H&H Lakeland Brickle Review.
Page 1 of 1