HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gonzo

Gonzo

Registration date : 2015-03-18

Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut Empty
PostSubject: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 6:58 pm

My latest work, totally new style for me. A longer pipe with mostly wood stem. It was a fun piece to make, although I don't think I will make a ton of pipes like this. The stummel is Grecian Briar, drilled on the lathe for accuracy, and freehand shaped and carved with various tools. The stem is walnut with an acrylic bit, and delrin tenon. Signed on the bottom for orientation. I still have a couple spots I am fiddling with, but it is basically done. About 9 inches overall is the longest pipe I have made to date. Very Happy
[/url]Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut <a href=Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut Wizzz10" />

Last edited by Gonzo on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GonzoArtCollective?ref=hdr_shop_menu
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Your pics don't show, the link just goes to shutterfly's home page. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Photobucket works better Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:07 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Your pics don't show, the link just goes to shutterfly's home page. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Photobucket works better Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Fixed....I think
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Fixed, yes!

Very unusual piece but I like it.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut Purple11x 3Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut Bombx10Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut Bombx10  Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut D6bddf10 Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut Cowboy13Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Gonzo

Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Fixed, yes!

Very unusual piece but I like it.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Thanks Brewdude! I many times lean toward the unconventional in my creations. This one as you mentioned is no exception.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Gonzo, most unique pipe I've seen in a long time! I'm not a big fan of unique and yet I can't find anything about this one that I don't like. Very impressive indeed.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut   Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:06 am

huffelpuff wrote:
Gonzo, most unique pipe I've seen in a long time! I'm not a big fan of unique and yet I can't find anything about this one that I don't like. Very impressive indeed.

Jim

Thank you sir:!: Very much appreciated. There are many in the pipe community who are focused on only the most traditional of pipe shapes. I too, enjoy them quite a bit, but feel the need to create things with a bit more of my own flare to it. As I see it once the basic mechanics of the pipe are in place, proper drilling, alignment, and appropriate material selection, the aesthetics are what you make of them. I have others in the workshop as we speak.
Back to top Go down

Close to done.. freehand, 9 inch Briar/walnut
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: