HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Ashton pipes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ashton pipes?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Very handsome pipe. I usually set an aspirational budget limit of $200, on the premise that I've bought puh-lefty of enjoyable pipes (quite a few of them artisans) for even less. After all, name anything else you could buy for, say, $300 or less, that you would get more enjoyment out of for a longer period of time. One friend o' mine recently bought a new golf driver for $500, and he still can't hit it over the water or keep it out of the shrubbery. It will be a lawn sale item by next Spring. But a pipe even for $288 is relative bliss on a warm spring evening as the boids make a last stop at the feeders. You could be enjoying it for decades. It has to be The Right Pipe, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ashton pipes?   Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Looks like someone snagged the Brindle. So that removes it from temptation. Just as well.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Ashton pipes?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:22 pm

And someone snagged one of the 2 Pebble Grain 'dogs. The other one is still listed and I'm still interested, but will need to stand down on any significant pipe purchases for the foreseeable future due to discretionary funds availability.

Ashton pipes will still be there when I'm ready.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ashton pipes?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Brewdude wrote:
And someone snagged one of the 2 Pebble Grain 'dogs. The other one is still listed and I'm still interested, but will need to stand down on any significant pipe purchases for the foreseeable future due to discretionary funds availability.

Ashton pipes will still be there when I'm ready.R

A peculiar thing about PAD is that missing on one often leads to just as good or better on the next opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Ashton pipes?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:35 pm

KevinM wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Ashton pipes will still be there when I'm ready.R

A peculiar thing about PAD is that missing on one often leads to just as good or better on the next opportunity.

Well said brother!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down

Ashton pipes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2