HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

This place is getting BORING

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Seems like you can go almost a day without anyone responding to any threads !! All the old regulars are mostly gone so I'm really thinking of doing the same !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I give this Forum maybe 6 mo's till it bites the dust if it keeps going this way !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:36 pm

I respond, you respond, others too! Take heart, it'll be alright....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Hey, I do my bit. And I call BS on your claim.

So there...........

cherry

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:05 pm

I agree it does feel like it's dying. It used to be the round table forum would have an entire new page of topics like every day. now it's like 1 or 2 if we're lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:06 pm

I never have been the most exciting guy. I do read things that look interesting and respond if I have anything to add. It is Lent and so I have been distracted with extra events at church.

My latest thing has been redrilling cob bowls to 7/8 in. That is pretty mild-mannered compared to some of the folks here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Ever think maybe it's just you? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:22 pm

All forums have their ups and downs. This something I've observed over many years. The membership makes it what is is. Sometimes slower, sometimes faster.

Old members come and go. Newer ones replace them and so it goes.

Change is the only constant................

alien

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:54 pm

In the past I would agree.

I'm not so certain now.

Man used to get his information when he passed someone on the trail.
Then he found out it was more economical to gather around the fire for information. Then he found smoke signals more economical. Then he found sending riders more economical. And right on down the line to where we are now. Why bother coming to a .com when its more economical to use the Facebook app. We don't have to like it but there's really only two options, We adapt, or we die.

Monbla, Go join some Facebook pipe groups. You can tell a whole new set of guys how you've been smoking 142 years and how your opinion is the only one that matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:48 pm

I don't know much bout it but I'm haveing fun as long as fun is abound I'm I'm here
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 am

Gosh Michael, that's a bold and interesting statement.

A few weeks ago I gave a presentation to a struggling organisation on leadership. The larger part of the workshop centred upon organisational culture and how an organisation isn't an innate being in its own right, it is the people within it that are the culture. Therefore the culture, and everything else that goes with it is a choice. I for one don't believe that anyone here is boring, in fact far from it. I could name a dozen or folks right now, all very different, who I find vastly interesting. Yourself included - I only learnt this morning that you're a Vietnam vet and I have shared some fascinating PMs with you not so long ago. I'll get round to responding to my Zippo thread later.

We all lead busy lives. As I type I feel I should be more family focused as it's mothers' day here in Blighty. I know that some folk even contribute whilst laid up in great pain in bed. We do what we can and in keeping with what Rande said above and I in a post not so long ago, traffic on a board will ebb and flow.

But hey. I sense that after investing so much into yourself, this is just your way of trying to shake things up a little. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:44 am

All forums/groups in general go through this cycle. People come and go. I'm here because I enjoy the people and like reading what people post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leacha

Registration date : 2014-01-08

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:47 am

Spring is here for most parts of the US and maybe people are out doing other things. I haven't had a smoke since the 1st. Been busy in areas not conducive to smoking. Also depending on site software, I'll visit some site more often than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:44 am

Eh, as much as I dig this place, it is at best for me something I do in my spare time. I don't have a lot of that, unfortunately. I read a lot, but I don't post as frequently as I used to. I'm still around and check the board every other day or so. It's just what it is for me, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:56 am

monbla256 wrote:
All the old regulars are mostly gone so I'm really thinking of doing the same !!   
LoL Twisted Evil Twisted Evil! A good old fashioned flame out thread should spice things up for a couple of days. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:30 pm

What ever happened to patience?  If I want lively fast paced conversation I actually talk to someone.  The rhythm of the forum is just a part of the way this media works.
Do any of the older guys remember Fidonet?  Back in the pre-web days when we all were using modems, there was a network that was pretty much worldwide that supported the transfer of information among dial up bulletin board systems (BBSs).  Each night a host computer would call another host computer a bit further away and swap information, and then that computer would call another, and so on.  In 24 hours the information was shared around the network without incurring high long distance phone costs.  It worked, but it was not fast.  Post a message, and the world could read it in 24 hours.  you could see responses in another 24 hours.  Slow as molasses, yet I had quite a few buddies that I chatted with that way.
So waiting a few days for the next "McClelland's spins their tobacco from pure gold leaf and it's supposed to smell that way" post just doesn't bother me cat
Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:16 pm

I read several forums every day including this one.Posting lately seems to be slow on all of them.I don't post much but I've been around for a good while even when it was known by the other name.I for one am going to try to post more in the future. YES . Posting lately has been slow but it definitely isn't boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:42 pm

I agree with the weather idea. It's been beautiful outside around here lately. And I do read more than I post. I think it works out better that way haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:25 am

puros_bran wrote:

Monbla, Go join some Facebook pipe  groups. You can tell a whole new set of guys how you've been smoking 142 years and how your opinion is the only one that matters.
That was last year. He's up to 143 now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 am

George Kaplan wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

Monbla, Go join some Facebook pipe  groups. You can tell a whole new set of guys how you've been smoking 142 years and how your opinion is the only one that matters.
That was last year. He's up to 143 now.

Bull crap, if it was a year ago he's up to 194.

Bub, I'm far from the glue that holds the place together. Quite the contrary I spent a lot of years deliberately running people off. It was kinda my job to out asshole the assholes. Of course I ran some off I didn't intend to, and haven't been able to run off some I have intended to... Anyway.
Guys like Pipetongue & TJ that have passed away were glue.. Guys like Gospelman & MikeM that have moved on were glue.. Guys like Carlos & Mark that are still very much here are glue.. Me? Not so much.

Regardless I'm too tired to really much care.. There's been a lot of heartache being involved in this board.. Old dudes smoke pipe, old dudes tend to pass on.. Guys like Kyle & pirate coming in and making a big splash just to disapprear..
Then there's stuff like Yak breaking my heart when he finally went to far to just say "it's yak" without admitting certain people were receiving preferential treatment.. That deal still bugs me but he did what he did and there's not much else to say about that.

Other than ride on Cart and Monblablabla I really don't have much to do here. I think I acquired 1 pipe last year, a beautiful gift from a beautiful friend.. I didn't acquire any tobacco, and didn't smoke much more than I acquired.. My stores of tobacco don't allow for silly shit like packing 'samples' in shoeboxes full of tobacco (I always thought that was hilarious) and with Zero Dollars coming in until I can get my day in court (I don't remember if I shared that with anyone besides Pdiddy) I won't be buying anything to share..

So, not glue, just tired and really kind of useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:18 am

PB said:"Bub, I'm far from the glue that holds the place together."

OK, would you settle for masking tape?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 am

PB, don't sell yourself short my friend. While you may or may not be glue or masking tape your presence is greatly appreciated by at least some of us.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: This place is getting BORING   Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Pipers are mostly of an age when being bored can be be a welcome state of mind to be appreciated and savored, like a Henry James novel. Mr. Trump is not boring, but he and his mannerisms are not things that I would seek out, let alone adopt. His chronic agitation spreads a state of anxious delirium to those around him, producing the ambiance of an asylum. OTOH, my missus frequently thinks I've fallen asleep when she looks out on the deck and spies me in the company of one of my ancient billiards. In fact, we are sharing a moment of calm that approaches ecstasy. Excitable chatter boxes and advocates of this or that are not welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

This place is getting BORING
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next