HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Just switched to gmail from juno....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Just switched to gmail from juno, and what a helluva difference!

I've had juno for e-mail since like '01 or so, and up until the last year or so it was sort of OK. Many ads but they didn't seem to interfere with the content and what I was trying to do.

In the last few months in particular, juno's ads have been so obtrusive that it crashes both my older computer at home as well as the more modern one at the brewery. Lots of gif's, talking ads, and much more. Ads on the side bar, top and bottom, and recently ones that popped up right in the field I was looking to type in. Time for a change.

I was casually familiar with gmail several yrs ago as I opened an account, but never did much with that service. As a result I wasn't terribly familiar with it.

Well, now that I've migrated to gmail and am finally getting familiar with the features all I can do is sing it's praises! The ads are anything but obtrusive and it doesn't crash my computer. Promotions are relegated to another tab which is a nice feature, and the spam filter seems to work 100%. And it gives me updates on new communications without me having to click "Check for new e-mail" on the juno site.

Altogether I couldn't be more pleased with gmail, at least so far. I'm only starting out on this new site, and have imported all the contacts and essential e-mails from juno. That took some time as there was no way to have gmail do this automatically as juno is not one of the sites they can do this from.

Very tedious process, and juno would lock up frequently during this process. But I got 'er done in the end!

So the upshot is this - if we have communicated in the past on e-mail you need to update this. I believe I've got all you in the new contacts list, but could very possibly have missed someone,.

So before I close down the juno site for once and for all, if you have an e-mail contact for me and you feel I might have missed you just pm me with the contact info.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 pm

I've been using g-mail for almost 8 years now and find it the best e-mail service I've ever used !! No BS, just mail !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 pm

monbla256 wrote:
I've been using g-mail for almost 8 years now and find it the best e-mail service I've ever used !! No BS, just mail !! Twisted Evil

Me too.

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 pm

I like it, but only use it for my Android accounts and devices. Keeps it from getting cluttered up. Nice and simple, and Google to boot!

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:58 pm

What's Juno? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:17 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
What's Juno? Laughing

A town in Alaska. And a ISP from the dial up days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Just switched to gmail from juno....   Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:05 pm

puros_bran wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
What's Juno? Laughing

A town in Alaska. And a ISP from the dial up days.

Which is what I had when I got my first 'puter in '01. Had dial-up for the next 4 years or so. After my last upgrade in '05 I got so-called high speed internet service that wasn't a whole lot better initially, but stuck with juno since it was what I had and was used to. Got to be a huge problem in the past 6 months or so.

Speeds have improved in my area fortunately. Still would like to ditch the ads here on BoB. They haven't been a problem lately though.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online

Just switched to gmail from juno....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1