HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What have I gotten into?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

What have I gotten into? Empty
PostSubject: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 5:52 pm

It seems 2016 is the Year of the Arced Bowl....

What have I gotten into? Img_3112

What have I gotten into? Img_3113

I actually can't stand the yellow stem, but it served as a great tool as a template and way to sight the pipe...
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I actually can't stand the yellow stem, but it served as a great tool as a template and way to sight the pipe...

Well, I for one think that the overall presentation is very cool indeed. Including the yellow stem. So there!

tongue

So is this a commission? And what wood is the bowl?

Nosey lil' bassard ain't I?

Wink

Cheers,

RR

What have I gotten into? Purple11x 3What have I gotten into? Bombx10What have I gotten into? Bombx10  What have I gotten into? D6bddf10 What have I gotten into? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d What have I gotten into? Cowboy13What have I gotten into? 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:

Well, I for one think that the overall presentation is very cool indeed. Including the yellow stem. So there!

tongue

So is this a commission? And what wood is the bowl?

Nosey lil' bassard ain't I?

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Nope, not a commission, saw the pipe waiting in a log and went to dig it out. The bowl is black walnut. Been sanding on it since the picture, down to 2000 grit now. Starting to get a nice polish to it....
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Nice work there Ozzy, loving the shape and grain on that pipe, though I am a sucker for a fully bent pipe.

Cheers mate

Tim
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Got it sanded down with 2500 grit paper and wiped it with my flannel. Almost.................

Pictured with flash and no flash.............

What have I gotten into? Img_3114

What have I gotten into? Img_3115

What have I gotten into? Img_3116

What have I gotten into? Img_3117
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:46 pm

I see quite a bit of talent in that work and lets not forget to mention the skill. Well done Oz! Well done! Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
kitobi

kitobi

Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:35 pm

looks fantastic, I wish I could do such things. very well done sir!
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Cripes, Wiz, that's looks great!

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:10 pm

Sure turned out great in the end. Well done!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

What have I gotten into? Purple11x 3What have I gotten into? Bombx10What have I gotten into? Bombx10  What have I gotten into? D6bddf10 What have I gotten into? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d What have I gotten into? Cowboy13What have I gotten into? 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Thanks guys!

Someday, when I grow up, I'll get some briar and commit myself!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

Registration date : 2015-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 1:21 pm

The grain on the walnut looks great! I like the shape too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GonzoArtCollective?ref=hdr_shop_menu
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:21 am

Gadzooks Ozzy!!! That right there is a thing of beauty! Even with the yellow stem.

Jim
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:43 pm

That is a really cool design and it really turned out great!
Back to top Go down
Eric Furgeson

Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:28 pm

The Wizzard waves his wand once again! I think my next two questions will convay you opinion of your work. 1) is it for sale? 2) if it is may I ask how much?
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Eric Furgeson wrote:
The Wizzard waves his wand once again! I think my next two questions will convay you opinion of your work. 1) is it for sale? 2) if it is may I ask how much?

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:35 pm

The grain really follows the lines of the pipe, in a way I really like!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Fatman wrote:
The grain really follows the lines of the pipe, in a way I really like!

Thanks! I was working on incorporating the rings into the shape, felt like it gave it 'flow'.

I just sold it!

WOOHOO! cheers
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:

I just sold it!

WOOHOO! cheers

Atta boy Wiz! cheers cheers bounce bounce cheers cheers

Somebody has got themselves a fine looking pipe. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
Eric Furgeson

Eric Furgeson

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyWed May 04, 2016 1:31 am

That is what really cought my eye about it. It has such a natural flow and sweep to it. I look forward to seeing how it smokes.
Back to top Go down
bigbonner

Registration date : 2014-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyWed May 04, 2016 10:39 am

How can you sell something like that . I mean I am not a pipe smoker yet but with a pipe like that to show off it is very tempting .

I probably have thousands of those back on my farm just waiting to made into pipes . I have two giant black walnut trees that would turn off a lot of pipes . They are Vermeer logs and are high dollar .

I have seen where pipe makers are making pipes out of Osage Orange too . I have plenty of those trees too .

Great pipe Ozark well done .
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyWed May 04, 2016 7:59 pm

bigbonner wrote:
How can you sell something like that . I mean I am not a pipe smoker yet but with a pipe like that to show off it is very tempting .

I probably have thousands of those back on my farm just waiting to made into pipes . I have two giant black walnut trees that would turn off a lot of pipes . They are Vermeer logs and are high dollar .

I have seen where pipe makers are making pipes out of Osage Orange too . I have plenty of those trees too .

Great pipe Ozark well done .

Thanks Sir! How can I sell it? I dunno, hadn't thought about it, but if someone wants it, I'll sell it. I pretty much only keep experiments and 'seconds'.

I have a few of each of those trees as well, but seeing as how they are still growing and producing oxygen for me to create combustion in my pipes, I let them be. I only use old chunks of them that have only to rot or burn in their future.

I didn't know other folks were using Osage for making pipes, but it seems to be a great medium!
Back to top Go down
Eric Furgeson

Eric Furgeson

PostSubject: Re: What have I gotten into?   What have I gotten into? EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:15 pm

I can now proudly say this beauty is headed my way!!!! Thanks Oz for allowing me this piece of art I will use it with pleasure.
Back to top Go down

What have I gotten into?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: