HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eight pipes, four stems?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Eight pipes, four stems? Empty
PostSubject: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 5:50 pm

The new additions to the rotation. So far, I've only smoked out of the one I made at the first edition of "The Torture of Bella's Whine". Funny thing about it, I had a Missouri Meerschaum cob stem I had floating around, a short bent one. Then the two longer and thinner warden stems, and that blasted amber one. Trying to get some sort of uniformity going, I just carried whatever current stem around in my pocket for a few days.. Now that I'm looking for places to put them, I'm realizing I REALLY just have a bunch of extra bowls and a few scant stems I keep in a tight rotation.....

Kinda silly, yes?

Eight pipes, four stems? 03261610

Eight pipes, four stems? 03261611

Eight pipes, four stems? 03261612

Eight pipes, four stems? 03261613

Here are some roughs for shaping.
Eight pipes, four stems? 03261614

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:21 pm

You certainly have some good projects going on there Ozzie. And you'll catch up with the stems in due course, but right now you got your priorities and the bowls are at the top of the list.

Anyway, that's how I look at it.

Cheers,

RR

Eight pipes, four stems? Purple11x 3Eight pipes, four stems? Bombx10Eight pipes, four stems? Bombx10  Eight pipes, four stems? D6bddf10 Eight pipes, four stems? 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Eight pipes, four stems? Cowboy13Eight pipes, four stems? 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Might as well go ahead and invest in some rod stock, and some delrin for cutting tenons. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 12:00 am

Dutch wrote:
Might as well go ahead and invest in some rod stock, and some delrin for cutting tenons. cheers cheers cheers

(SIGH) You're probably right. Guess I need to look around for a place to get some...
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 12:35 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Dutch wrote:

(SIGH) You're probably right. Guess I need to look around for a place to get some...

http://vermontfreehand.com/
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Dutch wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
Dutch wrote:

http://vermontfreehand.com/

I checked them out, and wow do they have a lot of stuff! I'm going into the bustling metropolis of Nixa at the beginning of the month for sundries, and there are a couple of places that have rod stock I want to look at. If I can't find it there, I have some favorites picked out on their website...

I might need a drill press to do my own stems out of rod stock though. Don't know if my eyes are that good to sight such a narrow stock and stay true with my 18 volt cordless...
Back to top Go down
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Eight pipes, four stems?   Eight pipes, four stems? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:12 am

Ozark Wizard: Very nice Calabash bowl you have! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/

Eight pipes, four stems?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: