HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

edgeworth sliced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bent bulldog

Registration date : 2014-02-26

PostSubject: edgeworth sliced   Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:36 pm

I just managed to obtain some tins of Edgeworth Sliced that was manufactured in England and imported by Lane Limited. Does anyone know when this tobacco was imported and when Lane quit importing it. I understand that the original Edgeworth was made by Larus Brothers in the U.S. but I am not familiar with the British made version. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: edgeworth sliced   Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:26 pm

bent bulldog wrote:
I just managed to obtain some tins of Edgeworth Sliced that was manufactured in England and imported by Lane Limited. Does anyone know when this tobacco was imported and when Lane quit importing it. I understand that the original Edgeworth was made by Larus Brothers in the U.S. but I am not familiar with the British made version. Thanks for the help.

You lucky dog!!!  I've heard 1974 as the date Larus quit manufacturing the Slices. Dunno about the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: edgeworth sliced   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:37 am

'Tis my understanding that the last Larus Bros. made was in 1974, the year they shut down. The European version went kaput in 2005. This is the one "unobtanium" I seek out like a knight looking for the Holy Grail Laughing That no one has tried to replicate this baby is beyond me! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aadelma

Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: edgeworth sliced   Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 am

I find Solani aged burley flake is very similar to the sliced I have from 2004. In fact, I like the Solani a bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

edgeworth sliced
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: