HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

FDA Regulations Petition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 12:14 pm

If you disagree with the new FDA regulations, there is still hope! If you feel so inclined, please sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry

It only takes a minute (I timed it when I signed). I know some of you geezers don't like to do these types of things, so I understand if you don't sign. But for any of you that still want to fight for our voices to be heard, this is a good opportunity. They are seeking 100,000 signatures in 30 days. If the goal is met, then this gets an ear in the White House and an official White House response within 60 days. That gives us time before the regulations kick in on August 8th.

Just thought I would share if anyone was interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 1:14 pm

I think you could be mistaken about us old geezers. Most of the old geezers I know, myself included, despise what our Government is doing in regards to stripping our rights in the cause of "The Government Knows Best." I doubt seriously that this petition has a chance of making any difference but I signed it anyway. Who Knows? We may get lucky and maybe the entire Government will resign from office and we're left to govern ourselves. Wait a minute! Isn't that the way it was supposed to be from the beginning? Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 2:44 pm

I went ahead and signed.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 4:08 pm

For what it's worth, done..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 4:29 pm

I signed it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 4:49 pm

With pleasure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Definitely in on this one... Done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Though I don't expect it will make any difference  Mad  , I went ahead and signed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Done.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Tue May 10, 2016 5:55 pm

I done drawed my X on that there signin paper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 8:56 am

Ditto, even though I consider the attached statement lame-assed as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 9:00 am

Of course this doesn't help pipe tobacco at all just cigars.

Last edited by ZeroContent on Mon May 16, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 9:48 am

I signed it. Not sure what good it will do but hey at least you can try.

I wonder if Trump likes cigars? I'm guessing Hillary is against them given Bill's use of them in the past. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 10:19 am

swhipple wrote:
I signed it. Not sure what good it will do but hey at least you can try.

I wonder if Trump likes cigars? I'm guessing Hillary is against them given Bill's use of them in the past. Very Happy

from what i've heard Trump doesn't smoke. Trump would still probably be against them since these regulations favor big tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 11:32 am

Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter. The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 12:15 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter.  The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.

This is a great point...the only way anything changes these days is people getting worked up on social media. Whack as it is, someone needs to figure out a way to protest the fda through twitter or instagram lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bemused

Registration date : 2015-06-08

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Wed May 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Signed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Thu May 12, 2016 1:28 am

Signed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Bugsahearn wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter.  The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.

This is a great point...the only way anything changes these days is people getting worked up on social media. Whack as it is, someone needs to figure out a way to protest the fda through twitter or instagram lol

I'm afraid the propaganda runs far too deep in the majority of the population.

I've signed the petition already, but it won't do any good. Truly, if there are any blends from Feb. 2007 onward you enjoy and could not do without, you should start to stock up over the next year or two (this seems to be the timetable should this regulation become legislation; blenders/sellers will be allowed two years and 1 year for the review, should they even send in an application). Personally, I'd rather they hike taxes on tobacco than remove blends from the market. There needs to be some regulation on what goes into tobacco, that much is true, but the cost of making sure regulations are met is overkill at this point (hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single application for a single blend -- madness).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Thu May 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Not madness if for the price of 8-10million you can eliminate your competition.

Also, deeming regulations do not require legislative approval. They were already granted the authority by the legislative branch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Fri May 13, 2016 12:42 am

puros_bran wrote:
Not madness if for the price of 8-10million you can eliminate your competition.  

Also, deeming regulations do not require legislative approval. They were already granted the authority by the legislative branch.

That's exactly what I think is madness, that is, that backdoor "good ol' boy" politics is allowed at the federal level. I'm not naive. It is big corporations that do this kind of bologna. Some would call this smart business, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 am

It's very smart business if you can get the people to lay down and take it.

Remember when Tyson, Wal-Mart, and JB Hunt took off? And wasn't it odd that they were all HQ'd right there in a little 30 mile circle located near Bills country club? Lol.

Come to think of it, Who do ya reckon benefitted by Hamilton's Coast Guard, New York Bank, Liquer Excise Tax, and on and on? Guarantee you he had ship building friends, hauling whiskey, and needing a bank to finance the whole shebang.

I don't think anyone in here is naive to the point of not being capable of connecting the dots. Once you start though you are in terrible danger of not being able to let it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Mon May 16, 2016 1:16 pm

joshoowah wrote:
Bugsahearn wrote:
puros_bran wrote:

I'm afraid the propaganda runs far too deep in the majority of the population.

I've signed the petition already, but it won't do any good. Truly, if there are any blends from Feb. 2007 onward you enjoy and could not do without, you should start to stock up over the next year or two (this seems to be the timetable should this regulation become legislation; blenders/sellers will be allowed two years and 1 year for the review, should they even send in an application). Personally, I'd rather they hike taxes on tobacco than remove blends from the market. There needs to be some regulation on what goes into tobacco, that much is true, but the cost of making sure regulations are met is overkill at this point (hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single application for a single blend -- madness).

I totally agree with you about stocking up on those blends!! I also agree on the tax hike rather than insisting on an outrageous application fee.

And yeah, most of you are right. This might not do anything (the numbers aren't moving quick enough to get it done in time). But it's better to try and be involved than to lay down and not say anything. I will say it's rather disheartening that the vaping petition is getting more momentum to overturn the "tobacco" classification (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/overturn-fdas-ruling-ecigarette-classification-tobacco-product).

Of course, I am one of the people from two years ago when the FDA first started considering this move that sent a letter to my representatives and multiple government facets. This may affect my livelihood directly. I am prepared to switch to other industries if necessary but I truly love what I do. It seems as though our voices don't matter and that is the most frustrating part.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: FDA Regulations Petition   Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 pm

There is another petition that has more signatures, if anyone is interested in putting weight into this one:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-enact-fdas-option-1-final-rule-premium-handmade-cigars

I signed both. But since this one has more signatures, it will be the one that I will be posting to social media more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

FDA Regulations Petition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next