HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe Community Links/Sources?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Are there any pipe magazines, radio shows, podcasts, blogs, websites, forums, or social media outlets you follow for pipe information?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to have more information about the pipe community as a whole. Where do you get your new tobacco release information? Blends being cancelled? New pipe makers that are making a splash? Regulation information?

I want to understand more and have more information to give customers (and satisfy my own curiosity).

I think I saw that there were a couple of radio shows mentioned before? I didn't know if there were any pipers doing podcasts or something similar. Maybe Youtube channels?

I just recently found the smokingpipes.com blog, and that has been pretty cool. I'm just wondering if there something more centralized perhaps because cigar enthusiasts have websites like Halfwheel.com that cover everything almost everything about cigars but nothing about pipes.

If there isn't anything centralized and large, I might have a niche for a new hobby Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Fri May 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Anytime I want to know something about pipe, tobacco, or anything about pipe smoking I go to Pipes Magazine. Smile Click here for Pipes Magazine

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Fri May 20, 2016 6:08 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Anytime I want to know something about pipe, tobacco, or anything about pipe smoking I go to Pipes Magazine.  Smile Click here for Pipes Magazine

AJ

Thanks! I have been on that one a few times and it seems to have a little more content than a lot of the smaller websites I have come across.

Sometimes I just feel like I'm missing some hidden gems of the pipe community. Like I'm on the outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Fri May 20, 2016 6:51 pm

kaitlyn3837 wrote:

Thanks! I have been on that one a few times and it seems to have a little more content than a lot of the smaller websites I have come across.

Sometimes I just feel like I'm missing some hidden gems of the pipe community. Like I'm on the outside.

You're already on the greatest site in the world for anything pipes and tobacco. The BoB almost everyday has someone listing a resource they've used to find something about a pipe, tobacco, or anything related to pipe smoking. Often they include a link. Whenever you run across a reference that's about another site go to it, bookmark it, and keep for future reference. If they just mention a site without a link all you have to do is "Google" it then bookmark it. Soon you'll have links to other forums, pipe, tobacco, and accessories vendors. You'll have at your fingertips a library of all things "Pipe smoking". I've used this method since the first day I became a member here. Of course the best resource is the membership here. You want to know something just ask. Someone here most likely can answer just about any question you have about pipe smoking or point you to the resource that can give you an answer. As for the little gems you're looking for they usually come with experience. It's the little gems that make pipe smoking personal and when learned through experience they hold more value and keep us from becoming bored with our search for the best smoke with the best tobacco and best pipe. The time and place will play an important part in this discovery. Here's a little "gem" just for you. When you finally have that "best ever" smoke in the perfect pipe with the perfect tobacco in the location of your dreams either with someone or alone you can be sure that if you search long enough and hard enough there is something a just little better waiting for discovery. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Fri May 20, 2016 7:05 pm

K-

Here's a direct link to the Pipesmagazine podcasts in case you haven't discovered it yet -

http://tunein.com/radio/The-Pipes-Magazine-p462046/

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Sat May 21, 2016 10:26 am

ajn27511 wrote:
kaitlyn3837 wrote:

You're already on the greatest site in the world for anything pipes and tobacco. The BoB almost everyday has someone listing a resource they've used to find something about a pipe, tobacco, or anything related to pipe smoking. Often they include a link. Whenever you run across a reference that's about another site go to it, bookmark it, and keep for future reference. If they just mention a site without a link all you have to do is "Google" it then bookmark it. Soon you'll have links to other forums, pipe, tobacco, and accessories vendors. You'll have at your fingertips a library of all things "Pipe smoking". I've used this method since the first day I became a member here. Of course the best resource is the membership here. You want to know something just ask. Someone here most likely can answer just about any question you have about pipe smoking or point you to the resource that can give you an answer. As for the little gems you're looking for they usually come with experience. It's the little gems that make pipe smoking personal and when learned through experience they hold more value and keep us from becoming bored with our search for the best smoke with the best tobacco and best pipe. The time and place will play an important part in this discovery. Here's a little "gem" just for you. When you finally have that "best ever" smoke in the perfect pipe with the perfect tobacco in the location of your dreams either with someone or alone you can be sure that if you search long enough and hard enough there is something a just little better waiting for discovery. Smile

AJ

I probably should have been cataloguing all the links since I arrived, like you do, but it totally skipped my mind! It was probably just because I was trying to keep my head above water and learn enough to satisfy my small curiosity and be able to answer the most basic customer questions about pipes.

And yes, I agree that this forum is INCREDIBLE when it comes to information. I guess I was just making sure that I wasn't missing something that was obvious to everyone else LOL. For instance, I didn't find out about Halfwheel.com until I had been working at the shop for two years... And it's pretty much the leading source for cigar information (yes, it even beats out Cigar Aficionado).

Well, if I am already on the right track with this forum in conjunction with Pipes Magazine, then I should be good.

And thanks for the little "gem" Smile I will certainly keep it in mind during my searches for smoking perfection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Sat May 21, 2016 10:27 am

Brewdude wrote:
K-

Here's a direct link to the Pipesmagazine podcasts in case you haven't discovered it yet -

Cheers,

RR

Thank you for the direct link! Do you listen to the podcast?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Community Links/Sources?   Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 am

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
K-

Cheers,

RR

Thank you for the direct link! Do you listen to the podcast?

Yes. There's a good few of our members who have been on it, including myself!

Wink

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

Pipe Community Links/Sources?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1