HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Sun May 22, 2016 9:32 pm

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/75718/balkan-sobranie/#p-116982

25 bucks a tin. Double was SmokingPipes charges when it's in stock there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Sun May 22, 2016 10:46 pm

This is nothing new for P$C, in fact it's general practice to over charge for them and bend there customers over as they did to me and many others in the past. Why anyone still does business with them is unknown to me.
I dropped'em like a bad habit over 2 or 3 years ago and never looked back. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 pm

5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 12:01 am

There's a reason CI's mascot is Laughing
Mofo's are laughing at dumbasses still stupid enough to do business with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 7:07 am

Or when it's back in stock at Smoking Pipes it may reflect a price increase...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 11:29 am

But not to that level.

Bend over boys...take it with a smile! affraid

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Dang glad I still have a significant stock of this stuff from my days working in South Africa and acquisitions from pipers who wanted to sell/trade it!! The MSRP ($34.99!!) got my attention also. Then, of course, one can purchase P&C's version for a mere comparative pittance Suspect cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 12:45 pm

It ain't that good. There are too many others out there. Same goes for the Esoterica quest. I just tossed the last of my Penzance (about 1/2 oz.) Think it got moldy or something. Needed the container and won't be looking for any more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canicus61

Registration date : 2013-10-16

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 4:19 pm

My God just saw this price - a 'legendary' blend, but that much??? I never suspected that P&C was so greedy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Canicus61 wrote:
My God just saw this price - a 'legendary' blend, but that much??? I never suspected that P&C was so greedy...

They may not be. It may reflect a price increase, which is what I suspect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
This is nothing new for P$C, in fact it's general practice to over charge for them and bend there customers over as they did to me and many others in the past. Why anyone still does business with them is unknown to me.
I dropped'em like a bad habit over 2 or 3 years ago and never looked back. Wink

Yep, they're dirty. They charge a nice little sum for the hard to get stuff. Even my local B&M isn't charging anywhere near $25 a pop for Germain's Balkan Sobranie. Smokingpipes has a better website and much better to do business with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Most cost effective sites I've found are Mars Cigars and 4N's. Both good sites run by good people.

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Canicus61 wrote:

Back in the day they weren't.. Since becoming a division of Cigars International they most assuredly are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Most cost effective sites I've found are Mars Cigars and 4N's. Both good sites run by good people.

This, along with smokingpipes.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm sorry, who has this in stock currently? Now I realize it may be uncool to go against the flow, but as I've ordered from P&C and gotten great deals allow me to be the contrarian. Until it shows up on another site wouldn't one think it premature to go hatin' on P&C for what may be a price increase for which they are not responsible? I seem to remember a similar situation with MacBaren HH tins a while back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm

I am not hating on them for just this particular instance. I'm hating on them for a (current) history of pulling stunts like this.

To be fair, it's their product and they can charge whatever they wish for it (barring manufacturers contract). But it's also our forum and I can vocally condemn them for their profiteering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I am not hating on them for just this particular instance.  I'm hating on them for a (current) history of pulling stunts like this.

To be fair, it's their product and they can charge whatever they wish for it (barring manufacturers contract). But it's also our forum and I can vocally condemn them for their profiteering.

Do you know that they are? Actually?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:04 pm

No I do not have their bill of lading or their purchasing contract.
Gee you busted me out.. Shame on us for condemning a company with a history of profiteering for what may just be a doubling of price from the manufacturer. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:11 pm

That was one of my father's favorites, back in the day. He seemed to recall when it was a couple of bucks. Inflation I guess..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Sigh, nobody else has this at the moment. So, as I tried to convey before, until they do we don't know if the price increase is on the P&C end. P&C prices are in line with what others charge for say Dunhill tins, or MacBaren's, et al. They increase may be reflected on the other sites when theirs comes in. They're a buck cheaper on SPC tins. The last price at 4Noggins was $18, which for a 50g tin still ain't cheap. So it's not inconceivable that the price jumped from the manufacturer. Which what I've been trying to convey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:27 pm

I get what you are saying.  And I don't even hold that it is impossible.  
I just disagree.  Every time they have a 'rare' blend they quickly use up their inkpens writing new prices on the tins.

They did it with Easoterica blends, the parent company does it with Padron and Fuente cigars, they are doing it here.  

I'm confident enough in it that I will lay this bet out, all ya have to do is put your money where your argument is...
When it comes in at other etailers: If it's $25 like these Con Artist are charging I'll buy you a tin, if it's not you buy me a tin.  You in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:36 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I get what you are saying.  And I don't even hold that it is impossible.  
I just disagree.  Every time they have a 'rare' blend they quickly use up their inkpens writing new prices on the tins.

They did it with Easoterica blends, the parent company does it with Padron and Fuente cigars, they are doing it here.  

I'm confident enough in it that I will lay this bet out, all ya have to do is put your money where your argument is...
When it comes in at other etailers: If it's $25 like these Con Artist are charging I'll buy you a tin, if it's not you buy me a tin.  You in?

Fair Enough. It's not like I'd buy it at $25 bucks for a 50g tin anyway. Or even $18. It's why I don't chase Esoterica blends. So you're on. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:41 pm

I don't make it a habit agreeing with PB but, he's right. P$C has a long history of being profiteers and not caring about there customers. And that's why I for one haven't done business with them in years. They have not only gouged prices on items but, cancel your orders after you tell them NO just to raise the prices. And that's what they did to me and several others in the past. I'd say that enough to call them a 4 letter word and no longer do business with them. It doesn't take a truck to run me over to see what there doing.Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
eklektos44

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
I don't make it a habit agreeing with PB but, he's right. P$C has a long history of being profiteers and not caring about there customers. And that's why I for one haven't done business with them in years. They have not only gouged prices on items but, cancel your orders after you tell them NO just to raise the prices. And that's what they did to me and several others in the past. I'd say that enough to call them a 4 letter word and no longer do business with them. It doesn't take a truck to run me over to see what there doing.Wink  

I'm sorry that was your experience. It just hasn't been mine. I can't speak to years ago, as I've only been ordering from them recently, the last year and a half or so. I've got an order in of backordered tobacco's, so we'll see how it goes I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock   Mon May 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
I don't make it a habit agreeing with PB  

I don't even make a habit of agreeing with me. It's like there's 8-10 people living in one body... It's what my special Doctor calls dissociative identy disorder. They give me pills for it but if I take them there's less of me to love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

WOW P&C Stickin' It To Ya - Balkan Sobranie In Stock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next