HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Ack no more coffee!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Ack no more coffee!   Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:13 am

Brisk 52F this morning so I fed Levi his breakfast and we went out for his constitutional whilst I smoked the Daniel Halton Billings Cob I filled with Bob's Chocolate Flake.

Once home I hurried to get some Mayorga Costa Rican Las Lajas coffee in me since I have to stop having caffeine for 24 prior to medical tests tomorrow meaning I'll be drinking herbal tea, luckily Bengal Spice is a good one! Keeping it smokey.
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Ack no more coffee!   Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:06 am

Uff! I feel your pain. I'm a coffee nut myself, so I'll drink twice as much today to make up for you. Good luck at the MD.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ack no more coffee!   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:03 pm

Ditto here! The day hasn't started before my 2nd cup of coffee.
Good luck at the Doc!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Ack no more coffee!   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Best wishes on the testing. I will abstain from further coffee today and join you in your caffeine fasting....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ack no more coffee!   Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:14 pm

I get grumpy and irritable if I don't have my coffee first thing in the AM. Hope you fare better than I do Mr. Banjo. And also that the testing ends up favourable.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Warning, rant mode on!!    Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:02 pm

So I suffered the 24+ hours without my usual 2 pots of black coffee and show up for the flow test 15 minutes early so I could at least enjoy 10 minutes of OGS in the MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem then popped it in the leather zip up, placed back in the car and headed in.

Once inside I did the usual check in stuff, gave her my insurance card so the group change would be in my records and she hands me paperwork to check over and verify its current. Finish going over the paperwork, annotated what drug I am currently not taking and hands her back everything, as I turn to go and wait for my name to be called she hands me the little specimen cup!

I'm staring at the cup and I look at her thinking, you want me to do this now and then go in to do a flow test, do you realize I'm carrying a zillion CC's in me and when the floodgates let loose you want me to slam on the brakes and turn in the specimen then wait for my name to be called!  Of course I said nothing went and did what was asked, held back the floodgates and took a seat.

Thankfully only a few minutes goes by and a nurse calls my name and brings me to the little room but when I get there, no flow test setup, I'm thinking WTF! The nurse has me undo my pants and lie on the examination bench, takes my BP and tells me she will be doing a scan, print it out and give it to the Dr. to read and he would be in shortly.

The Dr. comes in, we chat for a few then he goes into my bloodwork and the big deal is I have a PSA of a 35 y/o. Then he asked if I could not evacuate myself because there was nearly 400 CC's left. I told him I was supposed to have a flow test, the finger wave, have him give me the results from my bloodwork and the flow test. He told me I wasn't scheduled for a flow test! I COULDA HAD COFFEE! cyclops cyclops
So I have to go back and evacuate once again and have another scan done where surprise of surprises it comes back showing empty!

Dr. Comes back in with new scan happy I'm empty then he tells me the not so good news and that he wanted to have an abdominal CT done so he could have a good look at my kidneys. I told him I had one less than 3 weeks ago ordered by my oncologist and it was done with contrast dye for a clearer view and he should have access, he was good with that then said he would read it and have me make an appointment for a cystoscopy, oh joy of joys, at least I can have coffee this go around, was happy to get back to my pipe with 2 black coffee's in tow to settle me down so I could go home. Rant mode off!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Ack no more coffee!   Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm glad it turned out to be not such a big deal, but bummer on the false coffee alarm! True to form, I drank enough for both of us! cheers

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Ack no more coffee!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1