HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Gawith and Wimbledon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Gawith and Wimbledon  Empty
PostSubject: Gawith and Wimbledon    Gawith and Wimbledon  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 pm

There are some days I like the quasi-brutal dark fired nature of Dark Flake and it's various subsets like Scented and/or Liquorice (a newly discovered vice). Other days I prefer the Brown Twists...usually the sweet scented varieties like Rum, Whiskey, etc. Today I'm watching Wimbledon and puffing on a tallish narrow bowl of Sweet Maple Twist. Really, really excellent. Sliced, as usual for me, into thin coins which fluff nicely and pack in easily. Today I gave the very fresh twist no drying time and it is still lit and now burns very well...sipping slowly...with care (as the twists are strong indeed).

So how sweet/mapley is it? It's not really very sweet at all and only very slightly maple in flavor. The essence just takes the harsh edge off the Brown Twist and adds a little sumthin sumthin. Deftly done. Just right. I keep it at a slow sip. Sidestreaming is elegant. Rich brown flavors pronounced with that hint of sweetness. Very cool. No gurgle. About perfect. Tamp it very lightly. Glass of cold water as a mouth rinse. Pipe bliss boyos!

And Andy Murray wins his match against some Chinese guy. A brilliant UK kinda morning.

Five stars. Very fine.

Gawith and Wimbledon  D6bddf10Gawith and Wimbledon  29400910Gawith and Wimbledon  114e6110Gawith and Wimbledon  Ddb39b10Gawith and Wimbledon  Cf77ce10Gawith and Wimbledon  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Gawith and Wimbledon    Gawith and Wimbledon  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 1:26 pm

I always want to try the Gawith flavored twists, but just can't bring myself to do it. From everything I've heard they're kind of semi-aromatics that aren't cloying to a non-aro smoker...but I just can't pull the ol' trigger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Gawith and Wimbledon    Gawith and Wimbledon  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Sounds like a good morning.

I was smoking some SG Brown Rope No. 4 the other day, and I had to take a nap afterwards. I didn't even finish the bowl.

POWERFUL stuff. Very tasty though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Gawith and Wimbledon    Gawith and Wimbledon  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
A brilliant UK kinda morning.

Hussah cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gawith and Wimbledon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: