HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Guaranteed 99.9% of you have never seen one of these.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Guaranteed 99.9% of you have never seen one of these.   Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Here is a pipe only a dyed in the wool hardcore bamboo fly fishing fanatic would even know who the maker is and not because of the pipe but because of his beautiful bamboo fly rods.

I call this pipe my Poker Chip Stack, the briar is left over from reel seat material, the nickel silver accents left over from hardware for the rods and he even went to the trouble of using his 60 degree cutter to glue in leftover bamboo strips 120 degrees apart to emulate a hexagon, the amateur pipe maker is German rod maker, artist and fly fishing author Rolf Baginski.

He generally makes enough pipes to cover the fly fishing shows he will attend and it took 2 years and 4 shows before I could nab this one, smoking some Condor Long Cut and keeping it smokey!
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Guaranteed 99.9% of you have never seen one of these.   Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:20 pm

As an avid fly fisherman, I can really appreciate that pipe! Very nice. I have a few of Steve Kiley's bamboo rods. I used to field test them for him back in the day. I wonder if he might have some leftovers from his shop...... Hmmm...........

Keep it smoky Banjo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Guaranteed 99.9% of you have never seen one of these.   Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:42 pm

While I'm not a fly fisher (but will be one someday) I love that pipe. Including and especially all the custom features you mention Mr. Banjo.

Keep it smokey indeed!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

Guaranteed 99.9% of you have never seen one of these.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: