HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

ODF Ghosts a Cob

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: ODF Ghosts a Cob   Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Yeah, the title's correct, I just loaded a Cob I usually smoke ODF in with some aged Escudo, what a disappointment. Sad All I tasted was ODF, in fact it tasted like burnt ODF. Well at least I've never smoked ODF in a Briar I smoke Escudo out of. I don't know, I'm new to ODF and never experienced smoking Escudo in anything other then my Escudo pipes. As a matter of fact I've noticed how some other blends aren't always as good in the cod I've been smoking ODF in but, just thought it was me. Is my palette sensitive and am I the only one or is this a known fact of ODF? scratch Heck, I know it's a bit on the strong side but, never thought it was that strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: ODF Ghosts a Cob   Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Sometimes, with some tobaccos, a venerable cob will deliver a "hot airy" smoke. I think this is due to the ginormous cob draw. Using a Sav balsa filter has been helpful on such occasions for me. It can be frustrating, because there isn't enough differentiation between my cobs for me to remember which ones have had the problem. Weather also seems to have something to do with it. In cool weather I don't have this problem. In hot weather, it sometimes turns up and sometimes not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ODF Ghosts a Cob   Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:04 pm

KevinM wrote:
Sometimes, with some tobaccos, a venerable cob will deliver a "hot airy" smoke. I think this is due to the ginormous cob draw. Using a Sav balsa filter has been helpful on such occasions for me. It can be frustrating, because there isn't enough differentiation between my cobs for me to remember which ones have had the problem. Weather also seems to have something to do with it. In cool weather I don't have this problem. In hot weather, it sometimes turns up and sometimes not.

Yes sir, I have to agree weather plays a big part, specially the humid hot kind we've got here.
I usually smoke my briars but, this summer I change to smoking only Cobs after my morning smoke and they seemed to do better but, they too can be affected in the right conditions.
Just going to purchase a couple more cobs to dedicate to certain blends to get me through the summer and then back to my briars this Fall. Wink
Back to top Go down
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: ODF Ghosts a Cob   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:49 am

FYI -- the MM Diplomat Fifth Avenue has a tall forefinger-width bowl tha I've found welcomes a nice Virginny. And I hope matters are improving on the health front for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: ODF Ghosts a Cob   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am

KevinM wrote:
FYI -- the MM Diplomat Fifth Avenue has a tall forefinger-width bowl tha I've found welcomes a nice Virginny. And I hope matters are improving on the health front for you.

Thank you sir, I'm doing fine lately...."Knock on Wood!"
And the Diplomat is the model I that ghosted but, no matter, I'm purchasing another next month. Wink
Back to top Go down

ODF Ghosts a Cob
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1