HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The sad and neglected...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: The sad and neglected...   Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:28 pm

I've started on a program of smoking pipes that haven't been out of the rack in a while, paired with tobaccos I've had laying around, or new stuff I've been meaning to try.  Gonna leave my oft-smoked pipes in the rack, and stay off the old standbys.  Today it was a Hilson Avanti c.1975 and a sample packet of Mac Baren Mixture from God knows where or when...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected...   Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Really like that pipe, including and especially the square shank. Haven't had the 'baccy though.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected...   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:15 am

I love a pipe with a square shank and that one looks great. Can't remember ever having that tobacco though. Sometimes I get bogged down smoking the same pipes all the time and I have to make a special effort to smoke some of my other ones. I'm always glad that I did however I can put off smoking some new blends for quiet a spell. I think "change" is something that doesn't sit very well with me and I'm reluctant to change my routine. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways. scratch

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected...   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Great looking pipe and I love that pipe stand. I've not tried that blend either. What's your opinion of it?

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected...   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:39 pm

It's subtitled Scottish Mixture and according to the Mac Baren site is a mixture of Burley, Virginia and Cavendish.  It has a rather sweet, honey-like aroma in the pouch.  Reviews I read are mostly good and some folks really love it; I guess it's just not my style.  It's touted as an aromatic but the flavors just didn't come though for me.  I found it rather bland and mundane, and it burned REALLY hot - maybe it's me.  I don't think of myself as a particularly fast or hard puffer, but I could hardly hold the bowl in my hand! Personally I probably won't bother with it again; there're too many similar blends out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The sad and neglected...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: