HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ready to put under glass and frame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Ready to put under glass and frame Empty
PostSubject: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:23 pm

A diorama commission ready for glass and a hickory frame. Finally just down to assembly!

Ready to put under glass and frame Img_0610

Ready to put under glass and frame Img_0611
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 pm

You're a man of many talents Ozzie!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Ready to put under glass and frame Purple11x 3Ready to put under glass and frame Bombx10Ready to put under glass and frame Bombx10  Ready to put under glass and frame D6bddf10 Ready to put under glass and frame 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Ready to put under glass and frame Cowboy13Ready to put under glass and frame 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:23 am

Those gotta be Sockeye!

Ready to put under glass and frame D6bddf10Ready to put under glass and frame 29400910Ready to put under glass and frame 114e6110Ready to put under glass and frame Ddb39b10Ready to put under glass and frame Cf77ce10Ready to put under glass and frame Dd692012Ready to put under glass and frame Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
taharris

taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:32 am

Nice! Makes me want to go fishing.

Todd
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 8:48 am

Very clever that Ozzie, and I like the way that you've created the illusion that the fish are in suspension. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks! Salmon, trout and northern pike are the fish featured here. I used leftover yarn for the foliage, combed it out, sprayed it with polyurethane and made it flow as if in current. It stiffened up nicely so I could form it and it stays put.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Looks like you did some of your wizardry making those guppies float !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil What's the wood you used?
Back to top Go down
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:49 pm

All that wood and not a pipe in sight - shame Sad
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Dang if that don't beat all! Really beautiful workmanship there Oz. Rather ingenious use of yarn too. Can't wait to see it in the frame.

Jim
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Can you make a detailed 1/160th bear?
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:22 am

monbla256 wrote:
Looks like you did some of your wizardry making those guppies float !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  What's the wood you used?

The fish are cedar, the 'rocks' are persimmon bark, sticks from what fell from the trees in the wind, the frame is hickory. I washed sand from the creek on the lower property and kind of glued it to the bottom. Clear tempered Plexiglas on each side so you can turn the diorama around and have them 'swim back'. I have a smaller one in my kitchen window, two Chinook salmon, a male and a female. A kind of symbolic thing going on for the household. I'll try to remember to post a pic of it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 am

puros_bran wrote:
Can you make a detailed 1/160th bear?

Prolly............... How big is that? I do a lot of little critters, but no chainsaw art. I'm lucky if I don't cut off my leg with that thing!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 7:45 am

Lol. It's a bear 1/160th the size of a real bear. N Scale, it's what I model. A 50ft long boxcar is about 3 inches long. I was mostly just messing with you. I have a trailer on the hilltop, I'd like to have a bear eating out of the garbage can outside of it. But I need to finish planting trees on the mountain side before I get down to the little stuff.

Last edited by puros_bran on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 1:42 pm

I guess I'm stunned because I hardly know what to say. You never cease to amaze me with your talents. Very well done my friend. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
DAL

DAL

Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 3:39 pm

That is sooooooo cooooool, Oz. Well done!

Yours,
--DAL
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 3:49 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Lol. It's a bear 1/160th the size of a real bear. N Scale, it's what I model.  A 50ft long boxcar is about 3 inches long.   I was mostly just messing with you. I have a trailer on the hilltop, I'd like to have a bear eating out of the  garbage can outside of it. But I need to finish planting trees on the mountain side before I get down to the little stuff.

Get me a piece of wood big enough and I'll scare anyone, or anything. I'll even pee on it, if you think it will help! Be cautious, I may end up showing up and carving out what you want. We don't always want what we 'want'! Muah!!!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
bosun1

bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:06 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:33 am

Here is the set for the kitchen window, and a Scottish tool for cooking. Anyone know what it's called? I was surprised by the name!

Ready to put under glass and frame 08271611

Ready to put under glass and frame 08271612

Ready to put under glass and frame 08281613
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Great looking work Wiz. You really have an eye for capturing fish.

As for the Scottish cooking tool; not a clue. But if I was to name it myself it would be a thwacker.
Back to top Go down
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:24 pm

Its a Spurtle. A porridge stirrer. The world porridge making champion wins the "Golden Spurtle".
One of my shipmates used to take one on every ship he served on and volunteered to make porridge 'cause us Sassenachs didn't know how to do it! They eat it with salt for goodness sake affraid
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:39 pm

alandadp wrote:
Its a Spurtle. A porridge stirrer. The world porridge making champion wins the "Golden Spurtle".
One of my shipmates used to take one on every ship he served on and volunteered to make porridge 'cause us Sassenachs didn't know how to do it! They eat it with salt for goodness sake affraid

That is correct! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 12:58 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
alandadp wrote:

That is correct! cheers cheers cheers

...still looks like a thwacker Wink
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 am

Ah yes the good old spurtle. My sister in law is Scottish. She must have 15-20 of those rolling around the drawers in her kitchen. Rather fetching looking one you've got there Wiz. Some of them are just a stick and that always gets a bit of a giggle.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Ready to put under glass and frame   Ready to put under glass and frame EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 5:23 am

Congratulations Ozark! They are fantastic! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/

Ready to put under glass and frame
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: