HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 What foods do you eat everyday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zeno Marx

avatar

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:58 pm

I've been on a very long run of crunchy peanut butter, grape jam, and 6" flour tortillas (the fluffier, thicker type; not the thin, flakey type). I keep forgetting to grab cold pickles to roll into them. One of the finest culinary combos I've ever experienced is peanut butter and dill pickles.* It's better with honey than jam, but I'll do either.

*like potato chips + yellow mustard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
I've been on a very long run of crunchy peanut butter, grape jam, and 6" flour tortillas (the fluffier, thicker type; not the thin, flakey type).   I keep forgetting to grab cold pickles to roll into them.  One of the finest culinary combos I've ever experienced is peanut butter and dill pickles.*  It's better with honey than jam, but I'll do either.

*like potato chips + yellow mustard

OK, you've piqued my curiosity. It sounds horrific, but will have to try it. Don't want to be held liable for contempt prior to investigation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
Zeno Marx wrote:
I've been on a very long run of crunchy peanut butter, grape jam, and 6" flour tortillas (the fluffier, thicker type; not the thin, flakey type).   I keep forgetting to grab cold pickles to roll into them.  One of the finest culinary combos I've ever experienced is peanut butter and dill pickles.*  It's better with honey than jam, but I'll do either.

*like potato chips + yellow mustard

OK, you've piqued my curiosity.  It sounds horrific, but will have to try it.  Don't want to be held liable for contempt prior to investigation.

Used to eat PB and sliced dill pickles frequently as a kid. Great combo, don't knock it till you've tried it.

Sadly these days I try and stay away from high sodium stuff like dill pickles due to hypertension. And salt-free PB is pretty good once you get used to it!


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

avatar

Age : 65
Location : State of Confusion
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:16 am

PB& preserves on a whole wheat wrap. Now I have to give the dill pickle version a try. Thanks Zeno for the recommendation.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

avatar

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:29 pm

I neglected to mention that the cold, crisp dill pickle variety is a better marriage than the heat-cured sort. You know, the one you find in the refrigerated section rather than on a shelf in the room temp aisle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
I neglected to mention that the cold, crisp dill pickle variety is a better marriage than the heat-cured sort.  You know, the one you find in the refrigerated section rather than on a shelf in the room temp aisle.

Yes this. Used to buy a jar of Claussen Dills/week. Always crunchy and yummy. Sadly they have too much sodium for me anymore!  Neutral




Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fumus

avatar

Location : Deep in the brush and trees of the PNW where the h
Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Today at 2:45 am

Sounded like an absolutely horrible combination but, like Briar Beagle, didn't want to be accused of knocking it till I tried it.  Must admit I found it surprisingly good.  Peanut butter and crunchy dills, who would have thunk it?  afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Age : 65
Location : State of Confusion
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Today at 5:39 am

Ahh, I think ya'll are pregnant....lol. My Mom as a child enjoyed banana and butter sandwiches.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What foods do you eat everyday?   Today at 9:08 am

Bacon and eggs. Ok, ok. Sometimes it's sausage and eggs. Coffee every day except before Doc' appointments.

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
What foods do you eat everyday?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» how do you define junk food?
» WL First week weigh-in
» Some Extra Milk in Brooklyn Park
» Fake food being sold
» another sighting of maddie

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: