HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any body keep a Journal of their life?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:42 pm

I started keeping a journal back when I was 33 and since then I've filled 12 volumes in the past 39 years. I've had to change makers of journals twice and went where I last got my latest and they don'y carry it any more so I;ve had to go with a smaller size which I found at my local Wallgreens pharmacy !! I usually write 4 to 6 pages at the end of each day with a reounting of the days activities and at times I add personal ideas and thoughts about things happening in the world. '
Any of you folks do this ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:36 pm

A Journal of my life, Hmm! I seriously wouldn't keep one, it could be very incriminating to say the least. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 pm

I've taken a few stabs at it over the years, but for the most part it's always been one of those "yeah I need to start doing that", kinda things. But on the other hand, maybe I just need to change my personal definition of journaling, since I do tend to write down observations and thoughts regarding life as I see it. I Just don't do it on a regular basis, which to my mind at least, is a key element of journaling.
In any event, looking back over things I've written has on occasion helped me to comport myself with at least a modicum of decorum when dealing with the latest crisis du jour. Mostly I think, because reading of past experiences helps remind me that, as Wiz has pointed out, "despite my best efforts things seem to work out". afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Mine would read pretty much "ora et labora."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 pm

I once kept a diary of some of my UK holidays for a couple visits and they do provide an interesting read. But nothing as extensive as what you've been doing Michael. I'm far too lazy!

Sleep

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

I don't have to keep one. The FBI does it for me. affraid

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 pm

ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

That's a Dossier AJ, not a Journal. Wink
Back to top Go down
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

lol!  They add stuff to it every day. It already takes three of their skin head goons dressed in black suits to carry the boxes. Twisted Evil

AJ

Last edited by ajn27511 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:36 am

monbla256 wrote:
...I usually write 4 to 6 pages at the end of each day with a re[c]ounting of the days activities and at times I add personal ideas and thoughts about things happening in the world...

Aha! I was wondering what the hell you do with all the fountain pens. It all makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 am

ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

lol!  They add stuff to it every day. It already takes three of their skin head goons dressed in black suites to carry the boxes. Twisted Evil

AJ

AJ,
I'm cornfused, do these agents wear suites/eooms or suits/clothes? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 am

ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

lol!  They add stuff to it every day. It already takes three of their skin head goons dressed in black suites to carry the boxes. Twisted Evil

AJ

AJ,
I'm cornfused, do these agents wear suites/eooms or suits/clothes? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:18 am

[quote="monbla256"][quote="ajn27511"]
Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

Last edited by monbla256 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:31 am

monbla256 wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

AJ

AJ,

Now I'm confused! Is "eooms" a type of suit room?
Back to top Go down
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:03 pm

monbla256 wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:

AJ

AJ

AJ,

It was a typing error which as you can see has been corrected. My "senior" moments are becoming more frequent as I continue to age. Looks as though you have the same problem, ie: eooms. lol!

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:09 pm

No journal Michael (and I hope no dossier), but I have started to write what I hope will become a book. It must be great to look back at your memoires...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:30 pm

I used to use a DayTimer, then a Franklin Planner. Did it for years. A lot of what would pass for a diary was contained in there, in the sense that it was a very accurate, very detailed record of what I did, everyone with whom I interacted (and what happened in those interactions), and in many cases my detailed observations about the people and events, and what I learned from them.  

I recently threw them all away; too much old baggage. It was an incredibly liberating experience.

I don't condemn anyone who keeps a journal, but it's not something I want to do any more. For me, the record of my life should be in what I do...what I accomplish, not in what I say about myself.

Besides, the self is a fiction anyway. If I wrote about it I might actually read it, and that's always a risky business. I'd prefer to avoid the danger that I might start believing my own press.  

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Behike54

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Any body keep a Journal of their life?   Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:15 am

I keep 3 journals:

personal thoughts
writing
medium and long term goal progress.

They are all the same size and paper. I'm open to other journals but I keep coming back to the same stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any body keep a Journal of their life?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1