HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:47 pm

It's a good article Rande. I learned a little about brewing beer. I had no knowledge of how beer is made. I did know that beer is made with grain and hops but nothing about the process. Thanks for the article. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:32 am

I've never had the opportunity to sample fresh hop ale, though I understand that some Oregon breweries make it occasionally as well. Very interesting article. Thanks.

I need one of those Snoqualmie t-shirts! Cool. I looked at the Snoqualmie Falls website and googled it...but alas, I can't find any shirts for sale.

Any clues?

View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:44 am

Blackhorse wrote:
I've never had the opportunity to sample fresh hop ale, though I understand that some Oregon breweries make it occasionally as well. Very interesting article. Thanks.

I need one of those Snoqualmie t-shirts! Cool. I looked at the Snoqualmie Falls website and googled it...but alas, I can't find any shirts for sale.

Any clues?

Our website isn't set up for e-tailing. In fact the website is kind of lame since our GM says we get more mileage out of our facebook page, so the website hasn't been developed or expanded.

Fresh-hop ales appear right around harvest, say mid-Sept through mid-Oct. And of course they're always best when consumed fresh as well. Out of the 16 kegs we released a week ago we now have 8 left.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:37 am

It make sense the fresh would be at harvest time. I've seen how hop growers pack their harvest into GIANT shrink wrapped bricks to ship to brewers. Obviously that works but fresh sounds better somehow.

God bless hops. They're for more than just Bunnies.

Hey! New idea..."Bunnie Brew". (in honor of hops). lol

View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:49 am

Blackhorse wrote:
It make sense the fresh would be at harvest time. I've seen how hop growers pack their harvest into GIANT shrink wrapped bricks to ship to brewers. Obviously that works but fresh sounds better somehow.

God bless hops. They're for more than just Bunnies.

Hey!  New idea..."Bunnie Brew". (in honor of hops). lol

Ya, the whole idea of "fresh hops" is that they are picked and utilized within 24 hrs. In our case they were picked in the afternoon and put to use that next morning.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:50 am

Just as God intended.

View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:13 pm

A nice read that Rande, thank you. It made your beers sound very 'organic' what with collecting the hops, and I like that approach rather than getting it shipped in. It somehow seems to make the beer sound all the more authentic.

Thanks for sharing mate,

Stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Stick wrote:
A nice read that Rande, thank you.  It made your beers sound very 'organic' what with collecting the hops, and I like that approach rather than getting it shipped in.  It somehow seems to make the beer sound all the more authentic.

Thanks for sharing mate,

Stick.

Right you are Squire. It serves to give terroir. That is, a unique quality derived from locally sourced ingredients which in this case are 100% organic. Provided that means anything to anyone.

The local hops yield a very herbal quality to the aroma and palate which is quite pleasant and not strident. In Goldilocks terms, it's "just right".

And of course it all depends on that year's harvest. Although this year's local harvest was a bit smaller than years past the quality was excellent- really big cones, bursting with aroma. Quite the delight to rub out between the hands and inhale the goodness!

I hasten to add this has absolutely nothing to do with the commercial hop industry in WA state. All of which are east of us on the other side of the Cascades primarily situated in the Yakima area and of a completely different climate than that of the Snoqualmie valley. It's literally day and night.

Also pleased to report that the pickers had upped their game, as the harvest was devoid of extraneous material such as leaves, twigs, insects, etc. Very clean material with which to work with.

So it was a delight to prepare this and happy it conspired to make it our finest fresh hop offering to date!

I love you

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Great article BD and the fresh hops kolsche sounds delicious. Might have to have a word with my friendly local brewer.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale   Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:07 pm

I've come across the term 'terroir' before Rande, but it was associated with wine production.  I gave my wife a book for Christmas a few years ago about a couple of big hitter city folk who decided enough was enough so they upped sticks and bought a dilapidated vineyard in France.  After she read it, I got stuck into it too.  It was a charming read, but also served as an education into wine production with the terroir often being discussed.  With all things being equal, it seems that two neighbouring vineyards built on different gradients will have a different terroir.  Fascinating stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Nice newspaper article about our fresh hop ale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1