HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should Probably Order One of These Hats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Empty
PostSubject: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 pm

The reason being, of course, to remove all doubt among acquaintances about my having one foot in the looney bin, due to my persistence in smoking a tobacco pipe, of all things. Right, Sherlocks?

http://www.villagehatshop.com/product/all/451139-156826/sherlock-holmes-houndstooth-deerstalker-hat.html

Should Probably Order One of These Hats <a href=Should Probably Order One of These Hats Deerst10" />
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Rather than a shoddy Loonie Bin (like the Arkham Asylum For the Criminally Insane) I would go with living your own personal fantasy.  So get the Fez instead. That way it will go with a nice smoking jacket. So much more comfortable than that heavy wool capped overcoat required to compliment the Deerstalker.

Should Probably Order One of These Hats 74071

Should Probably Order One of These Hats The-fez

Should Probably Order One of These Hats D6bddf10Should Probably Order One of These Hats 29400910Should Probably Order One of These Hats 114e6110Should Probably Order One of These Hats Ddb39b10Should Probably Order One of These Hats Cf77ce10Should Probably Order One of These Hats Dd692012

Last edited by Blackhorse on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:43 pm

There is always the biretta.

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Biret
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Only if he can do a good Barry Fitzgerald impersonation.

Should Probably Order One of These Hats D6bddf10Should Probably Order One of These Hats 29400910Should Probably Order One of These Hats 114e6110Should Probably Order One of These Hats Ddb39b10Should Probably Order One of These Hats Cf77ce10Should Probably Order One of These Hats Dd692012
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Nah! Get one of these an Elosequi Basque Beret it has more style !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Should Probably Order One of These Hats 12-23-10013
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 6:54 pm

This looks like a man who just watched last night's debate.

PS: you think you guys could make your photos a little bigger?

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Someday you'll post a pic of you looking happy Michael.

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Purple11x 2Should Probably Order One of These Hats Bombx10  Should Probably Order One of These Hats Bombx7Should Probably Order One of These Hats D6bddf10 Should Probably Order One of These Hats 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Hey, you guys get any of those hats ya want, just remember to get two of'em, one to...........and the other to cover it up. Should Probably Order One of These Hats Cheesy23
Of course this excludes the biretta, Father. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:39 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
Hey, you guys get any of those hats ya want, just remember to get two of'em, one to...........and the other to cover it up. Should Probably Order One of These Hats Cheesy23
Of course this excludes the biretta, Father. Wink

Thanks!

The next bit of work clothing I will get is a mozzetta. I have a zucchetto as the only headgear now. I see a biretta in the future though...
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:21 am

Blackhorse wrote:

Would be glad to oblige you. How much BIGGER do you want them ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 10:01 am

Maybe about a minus X 4.

In other words, about 4 times smaller so it doesn't expand the page to four times larger than normal, etc. which makes the text so small on my system I can't read it.

It's not hard to control the size of image posts...just fill in the size blocks on the image posting tool under where you insert the link to the image.  Usually a max of 500 or so in width (height doesn't expand the page size) is OK in this regard.

It's just a matter of being courteous to your fellow site users.

PS: Fr Tom's post is the real offender.  Well, and Richard's...and monbla's. Or maybe they just have really big heads. lol!

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 10:21 am

See...like this:

Should Probably Order One of These Hats 12-23-10013

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Biret

Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Ha!
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Oh you definitely should!  I have one - a garage sale find by my mother-in-law; you can sorta see it where it resides on top of my pipe cabinet.  Fortunately it's too small for me to wear or I probably would!  The houndstooth one you show is much cooler however...

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Pipecabinet001_zpsf878ff97
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Someday you'll post a pic of you looking happy Michael.

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR

Dude,
Is this one better?

Should Probably Order One of These Hats IMG_1822
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Much better! See, I knew you could look happy!

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Purple11x 2Should Probably Order One of These Hats Bombx10  Should Probably Order One of These Hats Bombx7Should Probably Order One of These Hats D6bddf10 Should Probably Order One of These Hats 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 11:57 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

PS: Fr Tom's post is the real offender.

Mea culpa
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:12 am

Brewdude wrote:
Much better! See, I knew you could look happy!

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR

BTW, the hat is an Akubra Camp Draft. They are what, quality wise, Stetson used to make but sadly don't today !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Walkman

Walkman

Registration date : 2017-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:45 am

My latest hat is the following that I got from my wonderful wife for Christmas.

Should Probably Order One of These Hats Size-s
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Should Probably Order One of These Hats   Should Probably Order One of These Hats EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 11:13 am

After years of reading Monbla's recommendations I finally acquired an Akubra; here's my Territory.  As soon as it takes on a sweat ring and a bit of fish slime it should be about right...

Should Probably Order One of These Hats XHyIdU3l
Back to top Go down

Should Probably Order One of These Hats
Page 1 of 1