HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Have you been knocked on your keester lately?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 am

I've tried rope tobacco and I feel if smoking this garbage that tastes like creosote soaked grease rags wrapped in newspaper makes or defines one as tough then I think I'll just pass sir. I think what makes one tough is having the wisdom to know the difference between thinking one is tough and really being tough.
If I choose to smoke tar paper cigars it would hardly make me tough, only sadly ignorant. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:40 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
smoking this ... that tastes like creosote soaked grease rags wrapped in newspaper

Oh, you've tried SG Black XX! Wink I like the others I've tried better
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 am

DrT999 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
smoking this ... that tastes like creosote soaked grease rags wrapped in newspaper  

Oh, you've tried SG Black XX! Wink  I like the others I've tried better

I much prefer the brown ropes to the black, but they're also a bit stronger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 am

DrT999 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Yes sir and that was enough for me, anything that tastes that bad is not worth further research IMHO.
Nowadays I do little experimenting and only smoke Escudo and ODF with an occasional visit of a few Germain blends on special occasions. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Yes sir and that was enough for me, anything that tastes that bad is not worth further research IMHO.
Nowadays I do little experimenting and only smoke Escudo and ODF with an occasional visit of a few Germain blends on special occasions. Wink  

Oddly, while I don't care for the SG Black XX, I do like the GH version. Still, we all have different tastes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:55 am

fsu92john wrote:
I much prefer the brown ropes to the black, but they're also a bit stronger.

Same here.

And yes SG Black XX does have a greasy burnt tallow flavor that is somewhat disagreeable.

I enjoy the rich flavor of the brown ropes, but still to this point, even smoking very small amounts at a time, I can't get past the effect of the nicotine. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Last night/early this morning I put myeslf to bed after a bowl of Dark Flake Scented. Made it almost to the bottom of a Falcon bowl before I had to stop. A great smoke to be sure, but I won't try smoking it during a road trip driving....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:59 pm

As long as I am cautious, I can smoke Dark Flake Scented with out any ill effects. That's one of my favorite G&H flakes.

Coniston & Bosun are good ones too.

I have a small bowl clay tavern pipe with a long stem that I smoke these in. Keeps me honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Have you been knocked on your keester lately?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2