HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe Newbie from Southern California

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Greetings All,

I just joined this forum with the hopes of expanding my knowledge about pipes, pipe smoking, and tobacco.  I have watched from the wings for the past few years and have gotten a lot of great information from all of your posts.  Thank you.

I am a relative newcomer to the pipe world, transitioning out of a fairly significant cigar habit, and have been enjoying the ritual and relaxation that accompanies a good pipe bowl.  I am really taken with the artistry that the craftsmen in this trade exhibit.  I consider a piece of well-carved briar to be a work of art.

I currently have about a dozen pipes.  It's hard not to make collecting a habit, as there are so many beautiful pieces to enjoy.  I look forward to hearing your feedback and learning from you.

In the meantime, sweet smokes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you onboard. I think you'll find a lot of great people here who will be more than glad to help you along your path to find the wonderful pleasure that comes from smoking a pipe. Please feel free to ask your questions and I'm confident that someone here can give you a helpful answer. It seems that you may have already acquired PAD, Pipe Acquisition Disease. If your pocketbook can stand it then its one if the best afflictions a man can have. There's a very good chance you'll be afflicted with another disease called TAD, Tobacco Acquisition Disease. Once afflicted there's no cure and you'll be buying and stashing tobacco for the rest of your life. I've sworn dozens of times never to buy another flake but I got a delivery this morning of more tobacco. Rolling Eyes

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Glad to see you're beyond the lurking phase BB. Welcome to the posting side.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Welcome aboard, matey! pirat
You need to tell us some more about your pipes; and which tobaccos you fancy at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:40 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Welcome to BoB, hope you stay for the long haul. As a new member also I've found a bunch of knowledgeable pipe smokers that enjoy sharing and learning all about pipes and tobacco....and much more!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

As for my pipes, I've only got a dozen or so. Some of My favorites are:

Rad Davis bent Tomato
Alexandr Bondarev Squashed Tomato
Tsuge Ikebana (no sure how to describe the shape)
Scott Klein bamboo pot
Balkovec 1/4 bent Rhodesian
Reiner (Klein) Pipe Art Design, smooth, brandy shaped?
Cherepanov bamboo blowfish

...+ a few more. It's the start of a collection, I suppose. Unfortunately, I have expensive tastes, coupled with a particularly bad buying obsession. I think I am partial to slightly bent pipes, and am particularly fond to tomato/squashed tomato shapes.

As for tobaccos, there is a lot to discover. I have been enjoying some English blends like Frog Morton, along with some aromatic blends like Sutliff Vanilla Custard. I am also enjoying the Stokkebye 4th Generation 1957 as of late. There is so much available that it is difficult to figure out where to begin. I guess that's part of the reason that I joined the forum.

Looking forward to suggestions from the members of the forum.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Some very nice pipes you have there.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Welcome to BoB! I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
BriarBeagle

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:03 am

Much obliged.

Thanks for the kind greetings. It's a pleasure to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TwelveAMnTX

Registration date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Newbie from Southern California   Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Welcome to BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/28662

Pipe Newbie from Southern California
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1