HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:51 am

The very woody, earthy, Italian dark fired florets have a multiplicity of flavors, and takes the lead. They do offer a mild floralness, a touch of smoke, a little nuttiness, and a sweet and dry savory quality to them, the latter characteristics being the main feature of the lingering after taste. The spiciness is mild, and is more like the kind one would use in cooking rather than having a peppery quality to them, though the pepper is a little noticeable. As an important secondary player, the red Virginia is tangy, dark fruit and mildly citrusy sweet with a light fermented quality that reminds me of stewed fruit (raisins and prunes). It also provides a touch of spice, grass, bread, and some earth, and is a shade more perceptible in the past third of the proceedings. Well blended and well balanced, you’ll observe most of the inherent aspects of the tobaccos in the majority of puffs. The strength level is just past medium while the taste is medium to full. The nic-hit is medium. No chance of bite, and while there is a roughness to the blend, it won’t bite, and has no dull or harsh moments. Burns at a little less than at a moderate pace, cool and clean with a very consistent taste. leaves very little moisture in the bowl, but does need a few relights. Has a sweet, pungent room note. Not an all day smoke, but the experienced smoker will certainly find it repeatable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 am

Good stuff Jim. Thanks for the skinny!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:02 am

Excellent review, Jim. Looks like you got a little bit more from Sansepolcro than I did. To me it tasted like a peppery, hearty red Virginia. Lots of pure tobacco flavor.

I did very much enjoy it and rated it the same. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:56 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Excellent review, Jim. Looks like you got a little bit more from Sansepolcro than I did. To me it tasted like a peppery, hearty red Virginia. Lots of pure tobacco flavor.

I did very much enjoy it and rated it the same. Cool

I'm probably more sensitive to floralness than you are. It always hits me right away. I thought the red was in second place because of it and the wood from the florets. You wrote a very good review, as you always do. I never miss your reviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks Jim. Likewise. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
standaman

Registration date : 2016-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:19 am

Does anyone know the brand name of the Italian cigars that the florets used in this blend? Toscano or something similar, is what I think I remember being mentioned in Shane Ireland's review on SP.com. I'd love to try the actual cigars. Anyone know where to purchase them or if they're available in the USA?

By the way I do love this small batch blend and personally find it an all day smoke. Just tastes "right" to me. Not entirely unique, but I can't seem to put this stuff down, bowl after bowl. Must be another phase I'm going through. I find similarities to Dunhill's Ye Olde Sign. Obviously different, but coming from a similar place.
Smoke 'em- Stan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:57 am

Stan, That would be a good question to send to Smokingpipes.com. If I remember correctly, I think Shane said Toscano.

Out of interest, I looked up the Toscano cigars myself but couldn't find enough information about their contents to warrant a purchase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's C&D Sanseprolcro Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1