HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The sad and neglected #8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: The sad and neglected #8   Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 am

Renewing my quest to re-acquaint myself with some seldom-smoked old friends.  This is a house pipe from my old home shop (long gone but never forgotten), the Pipe Rack. I guess it's an author shape?  And I never did know who made their stencil pipes; Jobey maybe.  John Ojile and his wife were fine people and tolerant of our ragtag band of poor grad students, artists, musicians and other ne'er-do-wells;  they'd sit there chatting with us - both smoking cigarettes - while we oohed and awed over pipes we couldn't afford before purchasing a couple ounces of tobacco or a pack of pipe cleaners.  But I did buy many a pipe on lay-away at the Pipe Rack.

It was raining when I took my lunch-time stroll but stopped soon after; I didn't need the umbrella while I smoked a bowl of Diebel's Kentucky Broadcut and remembered some fond times and some good folks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stinger4me

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected #8   Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:55 am

Looks as though it is part author and part Rhodesian, a very nice pipe. Might be good with some McClelland Dark Full English.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected #8   Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:14 am

Beautiful pipe. It is posts like these that I love. Great memories shared. When it comes down to it stolen moments like you shared with us are all we really own.  Life can change drastically at a moments notice ( for good or for bad) but at the end of the day memories like this one can never be taken away from us.  They help make us who we are
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The sad and neglected #8   Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Very nice older pipe, thanks for sharing. You can buff that stem up to look like new.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The sad and neglected #8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1