HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another custom knife I made a while back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

Another custom knife I made a while back Empty
PostSubject: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 9:45 am

I call this knife The Bengal. The stripes I acid etched in the blade. Notice the thorn file work, completely around the tang and spine of the knife, done by hand and extremely time consuming. The sheath is made from cow hide, buffalo hide and I used rattlesnake skin for the inlay piece. The handle is made from walnut which was epoxied to the tang of the knife using 3 mosaic pins. A total of 8 coats of Tung oil was done on the handle, dried 6 to 8 hours between coats. I was able to get a razors edge on this blade. This knife looks much better in hand.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!Another custom knife I made a while back MO0XSIoAnother custom knife I made a while back IA0we3zAnother custom knife I made a while back JigakSOAnother custom knife I made a while back Cmpfvgb
Back to top Go down
Thistleoak

Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:42 pm

THAT IS BADASS!!!!!  Yotie how did you learn to do this?  I love the push and pull the etching on the blade does to the eye and at the same time the handle pops!  This is a work or art.  The time ( not counting drying time) put into this knife must have been monumental.   You can tell by your finished product that a lot of Time , Love and Pride gets poured into it during the process. Sadly this is a dying trate in this world of mass production.  Everybody mass produces and tries to save time and money. Your attention to detail proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that when you take a customers order you get to know them and tailor the blade to them, this assures that there will never be two blades sent from your work shop that are the same.  Truly a kingly blade.

P.s.  Ted Nugent called... he wants his knife back Wink
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Very impressive work Ted. You clearly have a lot of time in that and it shows.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Another custom knife I made a while back Purple11x 3Another custom knife I made a while back Bombx10Another custom knife I made a while back Bombx10  Another custom knife I made a while back D6bddf10 Another custom knife I made a while back 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Another custom knife I made a while back Cowboy13Another custom knife I made a while back 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:54 pm

I sincerely thank you both for your kind words. With me it's not about the time I put into a particular piece, it's all about the craftsmanship and quality of the finished product. This is a one of a kind knife and would never make a duplicate, I've been asked in the past.
Now I'm making a few custom tampers, a few for me and others that will be eventually gifted. Will post some pictures once I have more finished. I've made a few with old pen parts and stainless steel rods, very practical.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Lonecoyote!
Another gorgeous knife! I'm really in love with your leather work!
Zach
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Zach, thank you very much, your words are well appreciated.
Have a great day, Ted

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another custom knife I made a while back   Another custom knife I made a while back EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Ted, very nice indeed! Love file work on knives it really adds something unique to the blades. The etching is really eye catching too, but the sheath is really trying to steal the show. Very nice

Jim
Back to top Go down

Another custom knife I made a while back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: