HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
forsooth

forsooth

Registration date : 2011-01-12

Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question Empty
PostSubject: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:04 am

I bought a large tin of Granger.  It is ok -- I like the fact that it has no bite and is (seemingly) low in nicotine.

However, I'd like to enhance the flavor a bit without jacking up the "strength."  Does anyone have any suggestions for an aromatic that might go well with it?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 am

Mixture No. 79. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
forsooth

forsooth

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:30 am

Richard Burley wrote:

Well, I came this close to getting some MN79 in my last order. I looked at reviews and found that it is the most controversial blend on the market. It seems to be like space travel - people either love it or hate it. However, on your recommendation, I'm definitely going to put in a order for some. Thanks for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:31 am

Richard Burley wrote:
Niceee..... that nice low smokey taste.... good call... i was watching this thread to see what would be said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 am

Add some McC VBC for a better taste. I make a blend of CH & VBC and Cube Cut Burley and VBC. Both like dessert blends. More smoke with flavor and no bite. If your not into vanilla I recommend two other tobacco's to add to Granger: BCA or McClelland 5100. Good luck

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
forsooth

forsooth

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Add some McC VBC for a better taste. I make a blend of CH & VBC and Cube Cut Burley and VBC. Both like dessert blends. More smoke with flavor and no bite. If your not into vanilla I recommend two other tobacco's to add to Granger: BCA or McClelland 5100. Good luck

Thanks!!  I have VBC on hand, as well as BCA.  I recently attempted to order McClelland 5100 but it was -- what else -- backordered.  Will try again soon.

My current fav homeblend:

2 parts 1-Q
2 parts LL-7
1 part Autumn Evening
1 part BLWB

Dry as desired.  I like to spread a big batch in a large cookie pan and dry for 24 hours.  

Thanks again.

Last edited by forsooth on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Your blend sounds real good and I don't care for moist tobacco's myself. I also blend 1Q & LL-7 with some 5100, gets better with a minimum of 6 months aging. I don't care for 1Q by itself, tends to dry my mouth, everyone is different. Me, anything with BURLEY added is a big plus!! I also keep C&D Big N Burley bulk & Cube Cut Burley nearby aging. You should try C&D Bayou Night bulk, every bit as good as the tin/can version!! Oh, I'm very picky when it comes to bulk blends. Lane Burley & Black bulk aged a minimum of 3 years is an excellent smoke, especially at today's price of under $29.00 for 16 oz. I've been making my own blends for over 42 years, 3 with different cigar leaf. McC 5100 will be back in stock @ Smokingpipes within the next few days I was told. I always have enough 5100 aging. I find young Virginia's bite my tongue, so I age for a few years.
It's all about enjoying yourself cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big G

Big G

Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question   Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Whenever I try a blend that just needs a little something extra, I remember an old trick my Grandmother used to make any recipe better - add a tsp of sugar. So I'd recommend adding a bit of Sutliff Creme Brûlée (or its doppelgänger Sutliff Molto Dolce), Lane LL-7, or McClelland VBC. Don't need much to improve a blend you find a bit blah...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question
Page 1 of 1