HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:34 pm

$994.00 worth of change
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:29 pm

It's rare. I wonder what gale tastes like................................................................

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Carlos wrote:
It's rare.  I wonder what gale tastes like................................................................

Myrica or Sweet gale is often a component of pre-hopped ales in a mixture of herbs and spices known as "gruit". Here's the Wiki definition (and no I can't find a way to delete the pledge info window) -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrica_gale

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Ah yes, Gale............

As she tends to be a bit of a natural gal, she wasn't much into using to many feminine scent enhancements. Of course, being young, well................

Wait, wait.........

STILL! RIGHT!

There IS a discount for buying 5 or more..................... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 am

Better come with 2 $500 pipes. affraid
What schmuck would purchase that anyway?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:

You might be surprised, Lord Cartaphilus.
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Lord Guyrox wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

You might be surprised, Lord Cartaphilus.

To be honest with ya, I really probably wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for the Jim Inks review?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Wonder how long we'll have to wait for the Jim Inks review?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Well, someone with BIG bucks will buy it just to say..." Look what I have "! Me, I'm no SCHMUCK lol! lol! lol!
Oh, I see, it's hand pressed. I guess that's like a hand job???
Wait, wait, wait...I totally understand the Gale thing and it's hand picked, but you get it straight from the blenders nose....lmao
WATCH THE VIDEO......and NO gloves are used. So, you get his hair from his arms and skin cells. That's costly DNA

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm

And ya know what? The sad thing is someone will snag a bunch of this only to be re-sold on the bay at twice the price. Mark my words!

No

Cheers?

RR
Back to top Go down
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:56 pm

They can't be serious. I know it's for real, but that's just ridiculous.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:16 pm

There will be a review, someone smoked it in an old weathered Grabow or beat up cob while drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon. Simillarities to Carter Hall or Walnut will be mentioned.

Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 pm

And while we all LOL, Larsen cleans up on the gullible and re-sellers.

No I won't be among them!

Evil or Very Mad

No Cheers.

RR
Back to top Go down
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
There will be a review, someone smoked it in an old weathered Grabow or beat up cob while drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon. Simillarities to Carter Hall or Walnut will be mentioned.

It would be hilarious if nobody actually buys any, but several reviews appear anyway. Rolling Eyes

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
standaman

Registration date : 2016-11-17

PostSubject: Now I've seen it all!   Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:06 pm

When I saw the price, I thought it was a joke. Let's start with the fact that I've never liked any of the W.O. Larsen tobaccos, especially their special blends. All classic Danish Aromatics that are too sweet. My least favorite type. It got even less impressive when you watch the video they provide on it's production. All it shows is what every small tobacco blender does every day. Lasse takes various quantities of several tobaccos, combines then in a bowl, drizzles it with a Gale essence oil, then pours it into a "custom made" press. And with his ACTUAL hands, he screws down the press and then leaves it for one day. After resting for a week or so, it's cut and carefully weighed (they wouldn't want you to get 3.6 ounces, God forbid!). Watching the whole process makes the price even MORE at question! But lets not forget that it comes in it's own individual "Humidor"! Since when have any of us needed a humidor for our pipe tobacco? I guess a sucker IS born every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:45 pm

SP only has five in stock.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:44 pm

DoverPipes wrote:

Only 5, I needed 6 for gifts. Well I guess 6 tins of SPC Plum Pudding will do, and I'll have allot of change lol! lol! lol!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

DoverPipes wrote:

I think it's a marketing experiment to see if something like this will actually sell. I've seen unopened vintage Balkan Sobranie go for almost that much, but this is new production. I kind of hope nobody does buy it because it would drive prices up all around the tobacco market. But now, with the latest peso devaluation, almost all quality tobacco is out of my price range, so the point is moot, lol. No

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz    Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm

M'Lords..............It's the Rolex of tobaccos!
Back to top Go down

Larsen: W.O. Larsen 2015 Limited Release Hand Pressed 3.5oz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1