HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

About to go Apple

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

About to go Apple Empty
PostSubject: About to go Apple   About to go Apple EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 3:07 pm

I've been using my Android based Nexus 7 for everything I do online, all site access here, etc. for several years. It has generally provided stellar service. Now however it's getting a bit long in the tooth, as they say. The battery is glitchy, the page orientation control sticks, etc., etc., etc. Just a bunch of annoying stuff.

So this Christmas I'm replacing it. Likely with an Apple iPad Air 2 running iOS 8 with 32 GB. The Android option would likely be the Samsung Galaxy Note S2 (I think that's right). But currently the much larger Air 2 is a little over $350, which is good and has higher benchmarks than most of the competition... especially for anywhere close to the same cost.

My only concern is compatibility. Sure, I understand that some folks like Windows, some like Android and some are in the Orchard. That's all well and good...but I don't care. I just want to be sure that the Apple iOS 8 and maybe iOS 10 has no compatibility issues with this site...etc.

Anyone have any direct experience with this ?

Thanks.

About to go Apple D6bddf10About to go Apple 29400910About to go Apple 114e6110About to go Apple Ddb39b10About to go Apple Cf77ce10About to go Apple Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

About to go Apple Empty
PostSubject: Re: About to go Apple   About to go Apple EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 3:25 pm

I've used both iPhones and iPads on this site using iOS 8-10 with no problems whatsoever. Once you get used to how Safari woks, its a pretty decent platform IMO. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A that has been spectacular for just about everything. Either one will be compatible with this site.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile

About to go Apple
Page 1 of 1