HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?   Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Voice of Rod Serling...

"Presented for your approval, the famous Hero 616, another Parker clone...a set of TEN...for about SIXTY CENTS EACH!"

No...really...I ordered this and they came and PLEASE for 60 cents each? ...c'mon! Link down below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10PCS-Retro-HERO-616-Fountain-Pen-Hooded-Fine-Nib-/152118003707?hash=item236af087fb:g:KFgAAOSwQupXVVS4

View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?   Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Let's say these pens are made by robots, and the few workers who run the robots are paid $.08 an hour. I still don't understand how they can sell these so cheaply, often with free or nominal shipping charges, as in this case. Imagine what the seller pays for them! And I don't see the market for fountain pens that would sustain this in the long run. But what do I know? Answer: 'nuthin.'

Just curious: how long does it take to receive Chinese pens from China? I can't remember. Ships take 20 days from there to Long Beach or LA, if they come by sea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?   Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Receipt is between 2 - 3 weeks.

I've heard that the Chinese government supports the industry financially, whatever that means. I've also recently bought other Chinese brand pens that are presented as "new, old stock" that are said to have been given to workers as payment for labor during the recession. Now they are liquidating them for whatever to get cash out.

Again, who knows.

Weird situation all around...bottom line being...working item in my hand for insane price by whatever means is good by me...unless it's like slave labor, etc.

View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?   Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
...I've heard that the Chinese government supports the industry financially, whatever that means. I've also recently bought other Chinese brand pens that are presented as "new, old stock" that are said to have been given to workers as payment for labor during the recession. Now they are liquidating them for whatever to get cash out....

The pens or the workers? ( Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?   Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Only the sick or the old though. Circle of life kinda thing.

View user profile

The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1