HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My Pipes, Your pipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Maybe some may think me screwy but, I'm very concerned about how my pipes perform for those who have acquired them.
Although this may open a door for others that personally have an axe to grind with me about other things I'm sure most who know me well enough can see through that.
I know a lot of people that buy things and end up not liking them for one reason or another just chalk it up to a bad experience and go on without a word said and this is what bothers me. Instead of checking up on customers all the time (although I do on occasion) I look through "What are you Smoking" from time to time to see if my customers are regularly smoking my pipes. Well, when I find that they don't look to be smoking them I automatically think there must be a problem. Yeah, I know there's no proof of that but, the thought is still there. I know I'm no professional pipe maker, artisan if you will
and because of this I need to know that they are enjoyed otherwise there's no sense in continuing to make poor pipes, Turds as I call them.
So! if Anyone has any concerns about a pipe or pipes they have purchased from me in the past please PM me or Email me with your concerns so I may rectify them post haste. Thank you for understanding my concerns and quirks.
And this doesn't mean there should be anything wrong with any of my pipes, it's just a concern of mine that in many minds may not be justified, and again, me just needing to know my customers are still happy with their pipes. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Ron, I totally understand how you feel and your concerns. When I use to make custom knives I would post follow ups every 3 months. The majority of my customers used my knives for camping/bushcrafting, but there was those that just collected knives for the Art and craftsmanship of the maker. When I get a pipe from you I'm sure it will be smoked often!!
All I've heard is nothing but praise on the craftsmanship and how well your pipes smoke. Before we spoke through emails there was another maker that posts his custom made pipes here on the BoB as well as other pipe forums, he is also highly regarded. But at the end there was something I really liked about your pipes....it was you, the maker! You take pride in your work and it shows in all of the pipes I've seen you post and others you have previously sold. May you continue the craft you enjoy with all the passion and enthusiasm you have shown in the past. 
All the best and be well, Ted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Unfortunately I do not own one of your pipes.

So, unfortunately, I can't leave any comments.

How do I go about to rectify this unfortunate situation, please?

Thanks Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Ron, I totally understand how you feel and your concerns. When I use to make custom knives I would post follow ups every 3 months. The majority of my customers used my knives for camping/bushcrafting, but there was those that just collected knives for the Art and craftsmanship of the maker. When I get a pipe from you I'm sure it will be smoked often!!
All I've heard is nothing but praise on the craftsmanship and how well your pipes smoke. Before we spoke through emails there was another maker that posts his custom made pipes here on the BoB as well as other pipe forums, he is also highly regarded. But at the end there was something I really liked about your pipes....it was you, the maker! You take pride in your work and it shows in all of the pipes I've seen you post and others you have previously sold. May you continue the craft you enjoy with all the passion and enthusiasm you have shown in the past. 
All the best and be well, Ted

Thank you Ted Wink
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:

Thanks Ron

PM sent
Back to top Go down
mgtarheel

Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: My Pipes, Your Pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Ron,

I bought your first olivewood pipe (I think) a 1/8 bend billiard. I love the pipe, smoke mostly Englishs in it. No concerns here, keep making pipes as long as you can.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:32 pm

mgtarheel wrote:
Ron,

I bought your first olivewood pipe (I think) a 1/8 bend billiard.  I love the pipe, smoke mostly Englishs in it.  No concerns here, keep making pipes as long as you can.

Mike

Good to know Mike, Thank you Wink
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Hey Ron, the 3 pipes I have from you have all performed flawlessly and I enjoy them a lot. The engineering is spot on - no gurgling, wide open draw, feel great in the hand, and the finish is out of this world. Attention to detail throughout. What's not to like?

I love you

Cheers,

RR

Last edited by Brewdude on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Hey Ron, the 3 pipes I have from you have all preformed flawlessly and I enjoy them a lot. The engineering is spot oni no gurgling, wide open draw, feel great in the hand, and the finish is out of this world. Attention to detail throughout. What's not to like?

I love you

Cheers,

RR

Not seeking compliments here BD but, thank you and good to hear sir. Wink
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 pm

As soon as Mother Nature gets the temps a bit warmer, I'll let you know how Ye' Olde Cutty smokes!!!!! cheers FTRPLT

Last edited by ftrplt on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:33 pm

ftrplt wrote:
As soon as the Mother Nature gets the temps a bit warmer, I'll let you know how Ye' Olde Cutty smokes!!!!! cheers FTRPLT

This wasn't really intended for you cause we had talked just recently but, thank you sir! Wink
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Gotta agree with Brewdude, love both of my RD pipes. Great little puffers. Hmm going to fire the Rhodesian up right now.

Cheers Ron

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Timbo wrote:
Gotta agree with Brewdude, love both of my RD pipes. Great little puffers. Hmm going to fire the Rhodesian up right now.

Cheers Ron

Tim

Thank you Tim, good to hear, err.... read. Wink
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Still enjoying the olive wood twisted pot my friend. It's too bloody cold to smoke much but I still try and get a bowl or two a week. Your pipe is always right there at the head of the pack with one or two others as a sure go to for a great smoke when I don't want to think about what I'm doing. Keep cranking out those turds cause they're pure gold.
Oh and your other work is still turning heads whenever I break out those old pipes you fixed for me. Everyone just loves the twisted juction on that calabash. Of course I'm sure I look a right twit sitting outside in the cold smoking a calabash lol.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Still enjoying the olive wood twisted pot my friend.  It's too bloody cold to smoke much but I still try and get a bowl or two a week. Your pipe is always right there at the head of the pack with one or two others as a sure go to for a great smoke when I don't want to think about what I'm doing. Keep cranking out those turds cause they're pure gold.
Oh and your other work is still turning heads whenever I break out those old pipes you fixed for me. Everyone just loves the twisted juction on that calabash. Of course I'm sure I look a right twit sitting outside in the cold smoking a calabash lol.

Jim

Thank you Jim, good to hear. Wink
Ya need to get ya one of those propane outdoor heaters that look like a giant mushroom.
I got one for a $100 and it works great...........unless the dadburn wind is blowing of course.

Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 am

There's nothing worse than mailing a pipe into a vacuum, I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:31 am

Unfortunately Ron the wind here never stops blowing really. 15-20 mph is average but 60-70 mph is always a possibility here. We're right at the mouth of a valley so it all gets funneled right at us. It sure does help keep the mosquitoes at bay during the summer though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:13 am

SpeedyPete wrote:

Thanks Ron

Busy looking into this matter bounce

Edit: Order placed for one bulldog cheers

Last edited by SpeedyPete on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: My Pipes, Your pipes   Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 am

huffelpuff wrote:
Unfortunately Ron the wind here never stops blowing really. 15-20 mph is average but 60-70 mph is always a possibility here. We're right at the mouth of a valley so it all gets funneled right at us. It sure does help keep the mosquitoes at bay during the summer though.

That figures, our lives either suck or blow and when we do get that pause it's always short lived.
May you enjoy it when and as long as you can sir. Wink
Back to top Go down

My Pipes, Your pipes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: