HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

D&R blends for RYO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 pm

here are both Pipe Magazine podcast Mark Ryan interviews in mp3 form. 114mb total. in case anyone was having trouble locating or listening to them.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iz6px5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm

I checked out #57 podcast.

Very interesting and informative. Gotta give kudos to Mark Ryan for being instrumental in keeping true St. James Perique alive in the time honoured tradition.

Looks like he's also been altruistic with respect to the folks who work for him. That speaks volumes about his character!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:56 am

Do you think Stokkebye Turkish Export is topped with anything? It's incredibly sweet on the lips. So sweet that I'm curious what larger sized chunks of leaf would taste like in a chew. It's like candy sweet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Brewdude wrote:
I checked out #57 podcast.

Very interesting and informative. Gotta give kudos to Mark Ryan for being instrumental in keeping true St. James Perique alive in the time honoured tradition.

Looks like he's also been altruistic with respect to the folks who work for him. That speaks volumes about his character!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

I know Mark very well. He's very good to his workers and friends. One of the best people I know in the tobacco business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
Do you think Stokkebye Turkish Export is topped with anything?  It's incredibly sweet on the lips.  So sweet that I'm curious what larger sized chunks of leaf would taste like in a chew.  It's like candy sweet.  

Where would one find that blend? My usual haunts are coming up dry....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Zeno Marx wrote:
Do you think Stokkebye Turkish Export is topped with anything?  It's incredibly sweet on the lips.  So sweet that I'm curious what larger sized chunks of leaf would taste like in a chew.  It's like candy sweet.  
aka Turkish 84. This was part of my Pipes & Cigars most recent debacle. Smoking Pipes only has the Norwegian blend. Not Turkish, Danish, or Amsterdam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
Zeno Marx wrote:
aka Turkish 84.  This was part of my Pipes & Cigars most recent debacle.  Smoking Pipes only has the Norwegian blend.  Not Turkish, Danish, or Amsterdam.

Gracias! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 pm

I have been smoking five of his tobaccos as of late, Three Sails, Two Timer, Cockstrong, Rimboche AB and Rimboche SJ. Fantastic tobacco. As of late, I have been married to Three Sails because the shag cut makes for a quick, rich & flavorful Virginia smoke that's bright, spicy and sweet. His Vapers are really good as well. Two Timer is one of the better straight burleys that I have come across. It's high quality and completely natural tasting. The double toasting process that Two Timer goes through creates a a sweeter smoke and a few nuances that any burley fan will likely appreciate.

This is a good interview with Mark Ryan. A little noisy but worth listening to.

Last edited by DrumsAndBeer on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar nazi)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Great interview with "Mr. Perique!!" I first met Mark years ago when I joined "TAPS" in Raleigh, NC. He was just a friendly, conversational guy. I had no idea who he "was" the first few times we talked; he's extremely unpresumptuous! One of the "good guys!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: D&R blends for RYO   Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for that Chicago youtube interview. Great stuff. So much knowledge.

I was wondering about this idea of Three Sails being in a British style. Does that imply it is akin to something like Old Holborn?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

D&R blends for RYO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: