HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Ok the pipe group most asked for is the Dunhill group which is fine with me since I had an acupuncture session today and my weekly ivIG infusion tomorrow so I can smoke the smaller group size pipes first.

I chose the oldest Dunhill pipe I own, the 100 y/o Shell Briar which is a group 1 in size, I purchased this pipe at a local yard sale for the princely sum of $1.00.

I decided some good, aged, Dunhill tobacco would be fitting so I'm keeping it smokey with some Dunhill 10 y/o Deluxe Navy Rolls.
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:19 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
I chose the oldest Dunhill pipe I own, the 100 y/o Shell Briar which is a group 1 in size, I purchased this pipe at a local yard sale for the princely sum of $1.00.

Damn Sam, that's like winning the lottery! Shocked

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Well I got two Peterson pre-republic's as well for $1.00 each, that was all the pipe paraphernalia they had or I would have spent more time and money. Wink
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:42 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
Well I got two Peterson pre-republic's as well for $1.00 each, that was all the pipe paraphernalia they had or I would have spent more time and money. Wink
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Yer killin' me banjo!  Laughing

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:50 pm

When I go to yard sales I'm like a man on a mission, if I don't see what I'm looking for I ask "got any pipes, fly rods, fly reels, Nikon or Leica camera lenses or firearms "?

Many times the answer is no, but not always! I do have to admit the pipes I most often encounter are C.B. Perkins and Erlich's both from Boston, the assorted Medico, Dr. Graybow and parts and pieces of once were pipes.
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:

Cheers,

RR

Yer killin' me banjo!  Laughing

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Shocked

Amazing find, Banjo!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Banjo, great score on that Dunhill. Boy do I remember hitting yard/garage sales. Those were wake up real early days so you can arrive first for the best pickens. Riding through the back roads of Pennsylvania and hitting all the barn sales. My Dad and I use to score big time on old wall and mantle clocks. The good old days... cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Can't beat that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)   Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Nice photo, but I never liked Dunhills, I guess 90% of them are standard billiards in shape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The British are coming, the British are coming. ;)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1