HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:34 am

Suddenly I can't find this, one of my favorite blends, ANYwhere. I've got 3 or 4 tins stockpiled (as opposed to cellared, as I've no intention on keeping them for years and years) for steady use, and I don't smoke it too regularly, but it definitely is one of my top 5 VaPers.

I see H & H now offers something called Anniversary FLAKE. I've no idea if this is in any way similar to or a replacement for my beloved kake.

Anyone with definite information on this subject is encouraged to please let me in on what the heck is going on!

As always, Many Thanks - S13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:41 am

P&C only has the 1.5 ounce tin in stock at the moment. Anniversary Flake is a completely different product.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
smoker13

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Many Thanks, Mister Inks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Anniversary Kake, being a pressed tobacco, takes time to produce. We have a lot of it on order, but it comes in a bit at a time. The problem is that Sutliff had never pressed tobaccos until we asked them to do it about 5 years ago. They've added a number of new presses because of the high demand for Anniversary Kake, Classic Burley kake, Ten to Midnight and Seattle Pipe Club's Mississippi River and Plum Pudding. But then we also brought the War Horse Bars and Bengal Slices into the mix, so the presses are going constantly, but it's hard to keep up. It's not being discontinued, but you have to check back occasionally to see when it's in stock.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks to you as well, Russ. Consider me a more informed piper, one who hit up the Pipes & Cigar website a couple hours ago and ordered a few tins of A Kake along with a lot more tine of other goodies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Russ: Any chance on seeing "Sweet and Savory" ever again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Always great when Russ checks in here to set us straight. Thanks Russ!

bom

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 pm

[quote="Brewdude"]Always great when Russ checks in here to set us straight. Thanks Russ!

bom

Cheers,

RR[/quot

Here, here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am

With the FDA debacle, even if I could bring it back, it would only be available until 12/31/17, and if I ordered some today, we probably wouldn't see it until September. If the bill passes that changes the predicate date, we might consider bringing it back.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 am

blendtobac wrote:

With the FDA debacle, even if I could bring it back, it would only be available until 12/31/17, and if I ordered some today, we probably wouldn't see it until September. If the bill passes that changes the predicate date, we might consider bringing it back.

Russ

Thanks for the answer Russ. Please keep me in mind if you decide to bring it back or blend up a "special bulk batch"!- Sean king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:37 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
blendtobac wrote:

Russ

Thanks for the answer Russ. Please keep me in mind if you decide to bring it back or blend up a "special bulk batch"!- Sean  king

Indeed! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 pm

I just checked our inventory and both bulk and 1.5 oz. tins are in stock. The 8 oz. tins are out of stock and probably won't return because the manufacturer no longer uses that size tin.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:51 am

blendtobac wrote:
I just checked our inventory and both bulk and 1.5 oz. tins are in stock. The 8 oz. tins are out of stock and probably won't return because the manufacturer no longer uses that size tin.

Russ

That was quick! Bulk is already GONE!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:42 pm

blendtobac wrote:

Russ

Great to hear from you Russ! Is 12/31/17 the last day that blends can be sold that are not pre 2/17 that have not been cleared by the FDA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
blendtobac wrote:

Russ

Great to hear from you Russ!  Is 12/31/17 the last day that blends can be sold that are not pre 2/17 that have not been cleared by the FDA?

No, they can be sold until 8/8/18, but we will have to stop ordering items before that date to make sure that we aren't sitting on inventory that would have to be destroyed.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:49 pm

blendtobac wrote:
Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
blendtobac wrote:

Russ

Great to hear from you Russ!  Is 12/31/17 the last day that blends can be sold that are not pre 2/17 that have not been cleared by the FDA?

No, they can be sold until 8/8/18, but we will have to stop ordering items before that date to make sure that we aren't sitting on inventory that would have to be destroyed.

Russ

Ah so.... There's the rub, eh? It doesn't pay to be stuck with a ton of unsellable inventory, no doubt!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
blendtobac wrote:
Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
blendtobac wrote:

Russ

Russ

Ah so.... There's the rub, eh? It doesn't pay to be stuck with a ton of unsellable inventory, no doubt!

Ah, I see! That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1